Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can purchase an all black bumper for the 2005 Titan, or if I would need to get it painted to match the truck????? :)

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
The bumper comes in a painted silver on the XE models and a chrome verison on the SE/LE models. If you have a SE/LE like mine, good luck on finding someone who will paint it. From what I understand you really can't paint chrome.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Slurppie said:
The bumper comes in a painted silver on the XE models and a chrome verison on the SE/LE models. If you have a SE/LE like mine, good luck on finding someone who will paint it. From what I understand you really can't paint chrome.
of course you can

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bumper reply

I have the xe with the plastic bumper- hopefully that can be factory painted or if not maybe I can replace the whole thing.

Slurppie said:

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Ksilvia8 said:
read the title... titan "rear" bumper

I did but unless you know something about the Titan that I don't, there is not a rear plastic bumper as princessk mentioned. The rear bumpers are steel where as the front bumper on the XE has a full plastic shell unlike the SE/LE model.

I have the xe with the plastic bumper- hopefully that can be factory painted or if not maybe I can replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have an SE Titan and we have been looking for an all black bumper too. My husband is getting black door handles and everything because he doesn't like chrome. This will be the 3rd bumper this truck will have. The dealer replaced the bumper last month because they backed it into a pole while pulling it out of their shop.

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
NissanFamily, I have already swapped out my chrome handles for black ones so if you need part #'s please let me know. I'm trying to get rid of all my chrome as well for a totally blacked out look. From what I've been told by 3 different body shops you basically have to grind/sand blast the chrome down to bare metal so you can paint it otherwise the paint will not adhere properly and end up looking horrible in a few months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found it

Don't know if you are still looking but here's a link to an OEM spec replacement black rear bumper withoiut reversing sensor holes for $308.

Rear Bumper - Auto Parts Warehouse

REFLEXXION PRETENDER SERIES STEP BUMPER ASSEMBLY, BLACK -- 79 in. length; 17 in. width; 10 in. height; Includes pads, brackets and light kits; Without sensor holes; Made from tough 11 gauge steel for extra strength and durability; V5 rated; Features OEM style for exact replacement to a damaged stock bumper; Provides dress-up styling, reliable rear-end protection and step convenience; Made in the USA; Easy installation; With Reflexxion's limited warranty.
Material: Steel
Color: Black
Warranty: Reflexxion's Full Warranty
Fits 2005 Nissan Titan All Submodels; All Engines;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts