Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has gotten tires for 17 inch rims? I want to get the Nitto 450's 225/50/17's .Just wondering what else people have gotten and their opinions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey.. that's what I got.. :) Nitto NT450's .. 225/50/17. They ride real smooth. The only problem I have is that my car is pushing to the left. I had my car aligned, and still the same problem. I am ordering the prokits so maybe that may help.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
235's aren't recommended for 17x7s... you'd need a 7.5inch wide wheel, for best fit...

225/50s are the tire I'm going with. I'm considering the 45 series too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottlny said:
Hey.. that's what I got.. :) Nitto NT450's .. 225/50/17. They ride real smooth. The only problem I have is that my car is pushing to the left. I had my car aligned, and still the same problem. I am ordering the prokits so maybe that may help.
Where did you get them? Discount tire? How are they traction wise? do they hook up real good? and rain good?:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe the 235/50-17 are spec to a 17x7” wheel and the 235/45-17 are spec to a 17x7.5” wheel. The 235/50-17 are dead on in diameter to the 215/55-17 stock tires.

hope this helps

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Where did you get them? Discount tire? How are they traction wise? do they hook up real good? and rain good?:D
Tim I got them when I got my Blatants from SWA. I have 17X8 rims, so the 225/50's fit quite nicely and they look great. As for traction, they are great. When I first got the tires, my TCS wouldn't kick in b/c they were getting such good traction. As for the inclement weather, they should be fine, I'll just use caution when I drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Who here has gotten tires for 17 inch rims? I want to get the Nitto 450's 225/50/17's .Just wondering what else people have gotten and their opinions.
I have that size tire, next time I want 235/50/17, something a little bigger to fill the gap, but i think 235 is like .01 bigger then 225.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Buddy02 said:
how far out do the 235 stick from the wheel well.
this be snolden, my 235's work great on the 17x7 stock rim, and the tires are actually inset INTO the wheelwell by about a 1/4-1/2 inch

if you have the money which i didn't, i would recommend buying the 7.5 or 8 inch wide rims

i love my 235/50's and have about 20k miles on them with minimal wear on them

·
Registered
176 Posts
oh yeah i forgot

the Pilot Sports A/S's are great for handling but are not the stickiest tires for launches. I get wheel hop on second gear drops at 40 mph (partly due to the LACK OF AFTERMARKET [email protected]#$%@#$ING SHOCKS but also due to the all season aspect of the tires.

Sean

·
Registered
88 Posts
scottlny said:
Tim I got them when I got my Blatants from SWA. I have 17X8 rims, so the 225/50's fit quite nicely and they look great. As for traction, they are great. When I first got the tires, my TCS wouldn't kick in b/c they were getting such good traction. As for the inclement weather, they should be fine, I'll just use caution when I drive.
Update.. We had our first snow storm.. and the tires handled ok in snow.. not great. We had about 6 inches, and the roads that I had problems on were the unpaved roads. obviously. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buddy02 said:
U have a close up pic of the tires?
Click on my "link to my ride".. there's a closeup pic there

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Other than the Nitto 225/50/17 and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235/50/17, what other tires has anyone gotten?
There has been a lot fo discussion about wheel and tire size, but I need to buy tires soon and am not sure what to get for the stock rims. I obviously want improved handling, but considering my car is a year old and I already need tires, I don't want to go too soft. I want some life out of them. Stock tired have lasted 28,000 and have a bit of life left.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My Bridgestones will last another year, they are half worn. No good for winter here, that is why I bought winter tires this winter.

I like the Nitto tires and to answer your question , some of the guys were buying Khumos(not sure of the spelling) Tire Rack sells them. :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts