Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So i have a stock 86.5 HB I just bought, I got some fullsize Blazer wheels with 31x10.5x15 tires on them. I read on other threads on here that this size should fit fine.

Well I got them on the truck everything looked good, but when i went to drive the thing, i was catching on both the front and back of the fender!

In my desperation I bent the front part of the fender in so it would clear, but that did nothing but chip my paint (what was I thinking...)

So now I have a truck that only goes forward and backward and is bound to rust where I bent the fender.

What tire size should I get to fit these rims, but will clear the fenders? I was thinking 235/75/15's but would they look weird???

Maybe a body lift? But I would think they would still hit the fenders...bleh

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its 4WD the 31s will fit fine. if its 2WD then they wont fit with out a body lift or suspension lift.

the offset for the rims should be a 3.5" offset.
Dang, and of course I have the 2wd.

Hmm. What makes the 4wd taller in the front? or does it have something to do with the hubs/carriers?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Dang, and of course I have the 2wd.

Hmm. What makes the 4wd taller in the front? or does it have something to do with the hubs/carriers?
the front suspension, have to have room for the axle.

cheapest lift would be a body lift, I personally do not like them, shows too much frame. there are several places the have suspension lifts for reasonable prices.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=435
Suspension
Nissan Lift Kits, Nissan Body Lift Kits, Nissan Lift Kits at Lower Prices
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...uspension-w-Shock.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=5491

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the body lift will be my best bet, as I dont really need any performance enhancement.

I just dont see how a lift will make the wheels clear the front and back of the fender, it seems that the tires are too wide, so lifting it will only make it catch more in the middle of the tire. I don't know if that makes sense.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive also been reading around on random 4x4 forums, i keep hearing about adjusting the torsion bar for lift? Is that possible on these trucks?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Ive also been reading around on random 4x4 forums, i keep hearing about adjusting the torsion bar for lift? Is that possible on these trucks?
yes, thats how the front is lifted up, you will need to have a alignment done afterwards because the tires would look like this after cranking the t-bars /---\ (looking from the front).

heres some pics, this shows a lift kit, but a body lift will do the same
stock:

with 3" lift:

both give clearance for larger tires, body lift doesnt change the suspension just lifts the body off the frame more, suspension lift raises the frame and body. both pics have the same tires, 31s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts