Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question I'm hoping to get some help with.

I bought some Yokohama Avid Touring tires, and now the bastards are going bald (after 20,000 km, they're rated from over 100,000)! Is anyone else having problems with Yoko tires?

They run fine on the rear of the car, but after a rotation to the front, the wear out like crazy!!! I had the car aligned when I got the tires, so I don't know what the f**k is going on.

They're 175/70 R13's. So I am running the stock pressure, anyone have some tips?

Thanks.

PS.

Damn this site has changed, sure is different from the days when Yannick was running the place. Great work!!

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
evilharp said:
Damn this site has changed, sure is different from the days when Yannick was running the place. Great work!!
It wasn't until I read this part, but I thought the name looked familiar :) Welcome back. Yannick left a couple years back and I've been running Sentra.net without him since.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, long time no post. I've got kid now, so my spare time is gone. The site is great, and the new Magazine is awesome.

About my tires, I spoke to a neighbour (he restores old Jags for fun), the alignment or camber is off. So, I'm going to the dealer who sold the tires to have it looked at.

I'll update the board when I find out the score.

Does anyone know what the recommended (Nissan Spec) tire pressures are for the various sizes of Tires the B14 came with (ie. 155/80 R13, 175/70 R13, etc...)? I know a few people simply upsize to the next tire size (155/80 R13 to 175/70 R13, etc.. etc...) as a cheap upgrade, but the manual doesn't list tire pressure for the various sizes..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I always thought pressure was pressure. Just because your tire doesn't hold as much air or it holds more air because you got the bigger tire, shouldn't change the required pressure you need/want.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Don't feel too bad..I have Goodyear Voyagers that are rated for 100,000 miles but after 50,000 they are junk and just barely passed state inspection. Yes it was aligned, balanced rotated, etc.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
A couple of questions. Is you car lowered? If it is then you problly need the camber kit. Is it just the front that wears so bad? If not, and the back is doing the same you will also need a camber kit for the rear.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nostrodomas said:
A couple of questions. Is you car lowered? If it is then you problly need the camber kit. Is it just the front that wears so bad? If not, and the back is doing the same you will also need a camber kit for the rear.
Nope, the car is stock (yep, I'm a weenie! :) )

The Jag guy (see my earlier post) thinks my wheels are doing this / \ (alignment or camber or both!), which would cause the wear. As for the camber, I've never tweaked it (remember stock setup), but when I had my alignment done (with the tire purchase) they adjusted it. So... I am really curious about that. The tires wear fine in the rear of the car, I guess it is hard to misalign a solid axle ;)

(Unlike this idiot's civic!! ) .

I bought the Yoko tires to replace the crap General's that came with the car. At least I got 85,000 km out of them!! :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was told that the rear doesnt need aligning because of that fact you stated its solid beam. Save yourself 1/2 cost.

My tires, some firestone ones are wearing a bit more on the outsides than insides too and my car is stock as well. I prolly hit a huge pothole or something taht I can't remember and screwed up the alignment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well you can knock the shit out of the rear axle in a pothole and the whole thing be bent out of spec throwing it out of alignment. That either takes some percussion maintenence on the rear spindles to line then up correctly or get a whole new axle assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts