Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone replaced their stock 175-65-14's with 195-60-14's?
If so, which brand did you choose?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
99LimitedGXE said:
Hello,

Has anyone replaced their stock 175-65-14's with 195-60-14's?
If so, which brand did you choose?
I think 185-60-14 is good size. Looks cooler than stock size and it doesn't look funny. If you still want to go with 195, Go with 195-55-14.
Kumho probablly dosen't carry Ecsta Supra 712's with those size. I would get a set of really good Eco tires. Yeah, tirerack is the place to learn about your tires! ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
215/35-19 be a baller!!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got quote over the weekend at America's Tire here in Campbell for some Yokohama's in 195/60/14 for around $80.

I wish I knew which Yoko's they were.:rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have them on my CR-V, seems to be a very good tire. I am curious how they are on a car and not on a SUV?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked the Michelin XGT H4s as well. The one tire I found was even better (without breaking the bank) was Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce. Crisper turn in and really made my old Ford Contour SE handle even better. Used to embarass a few much-pricier European cars when the roads got twisty. :D

Jeff

·
Platinum
462 Posts
How do you drive your car? It depends on your driving style. Do you like you push your car? Do you AutoX or are you willing to? If you are using your car as a daily driver, you won't need any Ultra High performance tires. They are usually louder, and bad for your fuel economy. But if you like to drive your car hard, most "regular" tires won't be enough. That's why I like those europearn designed tires (i.e. Michelin, Pirelli, and Continental) They are usually more spendy, but has good higher speed stability. If you like to drive your car really hard, you can pick those ultra high performance Japanese or Korean brands. They are usually less expensive and grip well, but they usually don't last very long.
For you, I recommend Michelin Pilot XGT-H4/V4 or Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce. They are a little expensive, but last long, worth it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tend to drive aggressive, I noticed that my stock Dunlops are pretty much worn out. I have the Michellin's on my CR-V and remember paying about $110 per tire about a year ago. I do notice that they stick better when cornering fast. :D

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Yokohama

CarbonBlack200 said:
I had reeeeeeeeeeealy bad experience with Yokohama tires. If you can, stay away from low end Yokohamas.
Oh come on, Yosuke.....

Don't diss my Yokos...:D :D :D

But seriously, though. I agree with Yosuke, though. I have had my Yokohama for about two years, about 30K miles on it. It is a good summer tires, but a lousy performer in winter. You are better off with Kumho, IMO.

Zack.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Overlooked said:
215/35-19 be a baller!!!!
overlooked is my boy!!!!!
Im rollin on them 215/35/18's
and as for Yokohama, I have the Spec 2's and they handle like crazy...
like lil wayne says,
"ferrari looks nice with low pro Yokohamas with 20"s pokin out of 'em "

dont roll on them young rims...

·
Registered
674 Posts
You would have to go with a 195/55-14 otherwise your speedo and odometer would be off. Besides if you went with a 195/60 you would have a taller tire and it could look a little off.(4x4).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts