Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and I couldn't find anything.

I got 4 brand new all season tires in Oct. 04 for my 2002 Spec. When winter came I put two snow tires on the front and still have the two all season tires on the rear. Now, when I take my snow tires off the front of my car should I put the two tires that I have sitting in my basement on the front, or rotate the tires from the back to the front as you are supposed to do when rotating tires?

The thing I was thinking was that instead of having the rear tires that have been on the whole time be on the front where they will be worn down more to just put the tires that I haven't used a lot back on the front wheels just on the opposite side that they were originally on. Sorry if thats confusing.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would leave them on the rear and add the (new) stored ones to the front. Later in the summer rotate the front right to the rear left and vice versa, then the front left to the right rear. This is the best way for even wear if I recall correctly. Not that I have been bothered to do it right lately.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlackoutSpecV said:
I would leave them on the rear and add the (new) stored ones to the front. Later in the summer rotate the front right to the rear left and vice versa, then the front left to the right rear. This is the best way for even wear if I recall correctly. Not that I have been bothered to do it right lately.
Should I switch the rear tires too or just leave them where they are?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlackoutSpecV said:
I would leave the rear tires on the rear for now. Do the corner rotation later in the year.
What i meant was should i switch the left rear tire over to the right rear to maybe even out the wear a little, or just leave them both where they are and just wait to switch them all when the time comes?

·
Registered
871 Posts
BubNYY02 said:
What i meant was should i switch the left rear tire over to the right rear to maybe even out the wear a little, or just leave them both where they are and just wait to switch them all when the time comes?
sorry, i missunderstood. Personaly I would leave them. Rear tires dont wear much and a side to side switch would not do much. On the front, a side to side switch has some use, but rear, not worth the effort in my mind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackoutSpecV said:
sorry, i missunderstood. Personaly I would leave them. Rear tires dont wear much and a side to side switch would not do much. On the front, a side to side switch has some use, but rear, not worth the effort in my mind.
Ok thanks a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts