Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm looking at getting bigger tires to fit on my 18's. As of right now, I can't afford the 17'' Gram lights I want and I'm making do. The size and profile is so small its terrible. So....I'm looking at getting a 225/40/18 tire and the all seasons seem to perform just as well as summer tires and be cheaper, so lets say all season tires. What would you guys recommend? It seems that Falken, Fuzion and Toyo has swept over but are these tires really decent? If not I sincerly need recommendations.

Also, my rim is 18x7.5 with a 215 width on there now. Will a 225 still fit on a 7.5''? Please help me out, I need to get these and order my spacers pronto! BTW I shouldn't have rubbing problems with o' say a 20mm spacer with pro-kit lowering springs should I?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel I have has a shitty offset of +45. With 20mm in the front and 25 mm in the back, do you think my wheels will stick out or be flush with a 225?

The Fuzion ZRi and Avon tech M500 seem to be very new and are getting a lot of great reviews, especially the ZRi. Anyone had any expierence with this tire? Plus they're cheap, so cheap that if you got 2 sets of these and the tread doesn't last, still cheaper than one set of Michelins or something.

Need rubbing answer too with my pro-kit and if I want to put on a sportline kit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
little240boy said:
The wheel I have has a shitty offset of +45. With 20mm in the front and 25 mm in the back, do you think my wheels will stick out or be flush with a 225?

The Fuzion ZRi and Avon tech M500 seem to be very new and are getting a lot of great reviews, especially the ZRi. Anyone had any expierence with this tire? Plus they're cheap, so cheap that if you got 2 sets of these and the tread doesn't last, still cheaper than one set of Michelins or something.

Need rubbing answer too with my pro-kit and if I want to put on a sportline kit.
Spacers are WAY to much. Taking it to a +35 on rear and +28 on front is plenty good.
The FUzion is made by the same company process as the BFG's.
Consider Sumitomo HTR+ or HTR Z's. Best ride and traction you will get all around.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what size of spacer would you think I should get?

I put on my rim and used a measuring tape and put a 2x4 straight agains my fender lip and measured the distance between the inside edge of that and the tire.

Are the size of the spacers changed with offset or tire width? or both?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
As far as max performance, the kuhmo ecsta mx is on sale at tyre rack for that size for 100 bucks. it is an incredible bang for buck.

as far as all season, the pirelli p zero nero m + s is about as good as you can get. and with a 400 treadwear, it will last you a looooong time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts