Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
896 Posts
Well best wear pressure seems to be around 32psi (ish) best Autocrossing pressure seems to be around 35/34 psi... anything above that will be very very stiff, like feel a penny in the road stiff. I just lowerd mine from 40 to 36/34 (36 up front 34 rear). I'm testing for wear... The best feel has been at about 32psi which i also suspect is the best wear.

its all in prefrence, just know that above 35psi you'll be wearing the middle of the tread faster, and at below 30 the side will be wearing to fast. it seems like for optimal wear between 30 and 35 is the best bet. Also you'll note that the hight the tire pressure the stiffer/bumpier the ride.

· Registered
896 Posts
As I said, its preferance... as far as AutoX you will wear them evenly becuase of the extensive pressure on the side ans you go into corners, it would be odd to wear the center before the sides at anypressure in AutoX. The write up in Car and Driver (maybe it was Road and Track) said that they had experimented and they felt like even 40 psi was too hight for the autoX... I havent done autoX in the SE-R yet so i could'nt say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.