Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay on my e16i my timing belt tensioner spun off on the highway! i Got the part from nissan after 4 days and put it on. i got it back in perfect time! i pulled the spark plugs and with a flash light checked the top of the pistons to see if any valves had hit,bent, broke.no signs so i continued to try to turn it over! the starter sounded like it was almost spinning freely, no start! pulled the valve cover cheked the cam to see if it was doing its job and it was! But sounds like no compression! Could the crank angle sensor have been messed up or out of alignment or something!
Has this happened to anyone else! i need to get my b12 runnin again! thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
sounds like you did the same thing i did bout a month ago bent all of your exhaust valve mine didnt look bent but put a compression tester on it and 0 replace the exhaust valves and vwala it alive so start with the compression test and go from there good luke

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet thats what happened! the exhaust valves seemed a little loose, i thought that was because i has 160,000+ miles on it! but il compresson test it and see what i get! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts