Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up all!!! just advanced my timing to 15 degres (dont worry i have been running 93 octain since i bought he car hah)but anyways since i advanced it my car has been missing/sputiring but only if the car is in nutral and u holdthe rpms at about 3000 to 4500 it goes um berrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bu bu bu brrrrrrrr bu bu .. you get what im saying ha. my step dad who is a mechanic said its not the spark plugs missing so what could it be??? anything to do with adv timing????? is it normal???Thank for any help..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and 1 more thing !!!! before i got the timing advancedthe guy said my timing was jumping from like 4 to 10 when the engine was at idel.....what could this be ad could itbe causing the missing/spudering????

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I had a little chat with him last night...the proper procedure wasn't used to check the timing...you know, to "lock in" the proper timing degree. He said he would just take it to a "pro" to take a look at it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
LuvMyRide200sx said:
O and 1 more thing !!!! before i got the timing advancedthe guy said my timing was jumping from like 4 to 10 when the engine was at idel.....what could this be ad could itbe causing the missing/spudering????
Jmm, the timing changes itself that way at idle? i was wondering if the "knock sensor" has something to do with that since that's his work, to advance or retard timing in case of pinging or detonation... also was thinking about pinging noise... any error codes stored in the computer? check engine light on?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
it is very possible that the dme didn't accept the timing change and adaptations, but it sounds like it advances itself too much to a point of detonation and the dme retards the timing to give the sputtering/dying situation, this could also be a fuel delivery problem, so don't rule out the fuel filter.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts