Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have a huge problem and need some serious help...Someone started changing the timing chain on my 200sx and left it half done:mad: He got the top one done and something came up so he could do the bottom one. So he put it all back together and tryed timing it so we could have the car back but now it wont time. He is telling me it is because the top is new and the bottom isnt. Is that right? Also how hard is it to change the bottom one? Do I need anything special? Dont have the money to take it to a shop but I need my car!

Help any input or ideas would really help!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok. I have a huge problem and need some serious help...Someone started changing the timing chain on my 200sx and left it half done:mad: He got the top one done and something came up so he could do the bottom one. So he put it all back together and tryed timing it so we could have the car back but now it wont time. He is telling me it is because the top is new and the bottom isnt. Is that right? Also how hard is it to change the bottom one? Do I need anything special? Dont have the money to take it to a shop but I need my car!

Help any input or ideas would really help!!
I am assuming you are talking about the upper/lower tensioner . There are tons on threads on this. Did you do a search? Won't Time? That makes no sense at all. Sounds like you got someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Do a search, there is a walk through on how to do this, however, I wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't have some kind of mechanical knowledge.

Jason

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts
i agree, top ones go first, bottom more than likely is OK. how many miles on this car?.
Wont time means he put it back together wrong, and the cams are not aligned properly to the crank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts