Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice/leads as to where I can get a new timing belt. I have a '96 SE-R with about 87K and want to know where to get a new timing belt and for a good price. I love my car too much to be worrying about timing belt issues soon to come...

Enjoy the Ride!!!!!

Ps. what other mods e.g. belt and hose replacements should I put on that high priority to get replaced? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
You don't have a belt - you have a chain - and it should never need replacement. Maybe the tensioner - but certainly not this early.

Maybe change the tranny fluid, flush the radiator and check your belts - thats it really. SR20s can last forever - much longer than any other 4 banger

My SER has 183K on the clock and just put down 169hp (crank) a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
135 Posts
LMAO! I was about to say the same thing. Simply a chain my man.. Never needs replacing! Of course if it falls off its a bitch to put back on, so don't just go messing with it for fun.

Ju§tin

·
Registered
135 Posts
Check your radiator hoses and throttle cable..they get degraded and can break. I would change them if this seems to be a problem. By degraded I mean they look sort of mangled or rough instead of smooth.

·
0 Posts
SE-R_krushalot said:
I have a '96 SE-R with about 87K and want to know where to get a new timing belt and for a good price. I love my car too much to be worrying about timing belt issues soon to come...

:rolleyes: Then put your mind at ease - I've got almost 159k on my 96 SE-R, never messed with the timing chain, probably & hopefully never will. My engine runs strong & smooth - all the way to the rev limiter. You really have to work at killing an SR20 - like running it low on oil or letting it overheat. That's the only 2 maintenance items that I've ever heard about killing one.

If you do change your hoses, be sure to get a service manual & perform the cooling system bleeding procedure. The SR20 is extremely tempermental about have air in the cooling system. It's relatively simple & quite vital. Trust me on this one - voice of stupid experience here...:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts