Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm right in the middle of adjusting my timing up to 15, and I found out I don't know how to read the tick marks on the crank pulley. There's a yellow, red and blue one and the marker on the block is between the third and fourth tick mark on the crank pulley. What does each mark represent? If it's stock at 8 degrees on a 99 B14, where's 10, 12, and 15? I borrowed the timing light and I need to bring it back soon. :eek: Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. That doesn't tell me anything about what each tick mark represents on the crank pulley.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So from the firwall side to the radiator side on the pulley, the marks read -5, 0, 5, 10, 15? So if it was between the third and fourth mark from the firewall side what was it at? Which mark does it need to be on exactly?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So put it on the rightmost mark?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read the damn article fifty times. It says nothing about the pulley marks. I came here asking for help with it, with details to make sure I didn't mess anything up since I've never advanced timing before. There's no need to be rude about it. I thought this forum was supposed to be a place to help eachother out. I guess if I want help I have to get it kicking and screaming. Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks for the advice anyway. It worked and I got it taken care of. It's a little more torquier in the low-end now.

I worked in a mechanic shop for almost three years doing suspension and alignment work, and some engine work (mostly on domestics). So while I'm mechanically inclined I'm still a newbie on performance upgrades, especially imports. So don't blow off people like me when we ask stupid questions.

Remember, you were once a newbie too.

·
Fearsome Fabricator
213 Posts
Hear hear!

When I first started frequenting these forums, I would post a question, and then Joe Blow Trailer Park would give me his "opinion," based on no experience. Like you, I want details and specifics, and not to be treated like crap because I actually READ the articles and finds some of the information lacking.

I had the same question about timing marks, but was so sick of being treated like crap by morons, that I just went elsewhere.

Sometimes the "Go check the archives you stupid git" attitude here is really dissappointing.

Greg

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amen brother.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i dont think he was being rude you just have to understand this question has been done to death! when i asked for an explanation on the timing marks i think he helped me and i expected to get a good verbal lashing from people and found this was not the case. some people are assholes this i understand, but james answered your question loud and clear. if your like me though you were just double checking because this car is your baby and dont want to fuck it up, this i totaly understand.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts