Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people says no to go more than 15*BTDC, but It's been a year than i'm running with 25*BTDC and sometimes 30 with no pinging. Right now, I'm running 20*BTDC with 87octane fuel.

What are you are scare of???
Crank that timing up and beat some shivic. :thumbup:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
30* of timing would do exactly what do you think? Doesn't help the engine breathe any better........

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Davepf said:
Some people says no to go more than 15*BTDC, but It's been a year than i'm running with 25*BTDC and sometimes 30 with no pinging. Right now, I'm running 20*BTDC with 87octane fuel.

Your post only exhibits how little you know about timing.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
i bet you are not running that high of timing..i bet when you check it, youre not in timing mode...even when youre not in timing mode, u can "adjust" the timing marks, but it doesnt do the actual timing...haha

·
Registered
98 Posts
Davepf said:

are you sure you looking at the crank pully markings correctly and when you say 25* you really mean 5*?

·
Registered
466 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Whats you point? Our cars have a knock sensor, so the ecu will be pulling timing and you wont even know. :thumbdwn:
No, it doesn't. The GA engine has NO knock sensor, but the SR engine does.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Davepf said:

BS. There is no way in hell, you hell you can be running really 20* or higher on 87 octane w/o detonation, unless your motor is severly low on compression. Bottom line. anything over 15* will show little to no gain. It is dyno proven. Just by your post, I could almost guarantee you are not in "timing mode" when adjusting your timing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
James said:
Actually it does have one John, if you have a FSM check out page EC-365...
Since when?!?! I have NEVER seen one on a B13. I know for a fact my B13 doesn't have one.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
b13 ga's dont have knock sensors

·
Registered
466 Posts
James said:
Maybe its different for the b13. I have one on my 95 block sitting downstairs.
Wow, learn something new everyday. So I can "assume" that B13's don't have one and B14's do, until I am proved otherwise.

I guess I let my younger, less wise person come out on that post and apologize for posting false information :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
johnand said:
I guess I let my younger, less wise person come out on that post and apologize for posting false information :p
Doesnt matter cause he has a b13 with a GA so he doesnt have one. :cheers:

Getting to the knock sensor on a low port sr20 is a bitch with the lower plenum still on. Plus that dumb clip just adds to the stress.

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
I have seen japan ga15 fi engines (used right hand driver cars changed to left hand) that came to my country in the last years
They do have a knock sensor

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Doesnt matter cause he has a b13 with a GA so he doesnt have one. :cheers:

Getting to the knock sensor on a low port sr20 is a bitch with the lower plenum still on. Plus that dumb clip just adds to the stress.
Heh... The GA16DE B13 has one of those also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm gonna try to reply every questions but there is so many that I can miss some of them.

First let's start, I know the ECU can pull timing up to 10* But I don't have the knock sensor. (I know that because I rebuild my motor and it wasn't there)

Second, I know how to ajust the timing, I know what I'm taking about. I was so surprise about the 30*BTDC that I make it check by 2 garage and a guys who bring a timing light in a NissanPerformanceClub meeting.Everyone was as surprise as you.

I think (no dyno, just calcul) that I have 113whp with my [email protected]

Third, My compression is 192 185 192 190

Forth, a guys in NissanPerformanceClub who own a B13 beatter brang is B13 to a drag meet and just pull the distributor as far as he can. And he was doing 16.0 on de quarter mile. How do you explain that?Just the timing mod and he lose a SECOND on the 1/4 mile.

How do you explain that!!!! (Good luck)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.