Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today me and my friend were driving around and i start seein smoke come thru my vents so i pull over and pop the hood but when i try to open it the hood is red hot. so i got to see my pride and joy burn from front to back till the fire department showed up to put her out i'll miss that car

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
muccman said:
what the hell happened?
i dont know for sure but i think some kind of wiring problem sparked and caught fire. the car had been having some electrical problems for bout 2 weeks but i couldnt find out where it was coming from

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
did u turn the ignition off and atleast try to stop the fire? or was it just a crazy burst of flame that u had to run?

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
well today me and my friend were driving around and i start seein smoke come thru my vents so i pull over and pop the hood but when i try to open it the hood is red hot. so i got to see my pride and joy burn from front to back till the fire department showed up to put her out i'll miss that car
Wow. Sad to hear that. But look on the bright side. Gives you a reason to get something better.

Mitch

·
Registered
56 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
sorry to hear about that... friend of mine had something along those lines happen to his car.. he was able to save it though... least you got out of it ok... then you can always have a new obsession :)

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slacky said:
did u turn the ignition off and atleast try to stop the fire? or was it just a crazy burst of flame that u had to run?
we tried to put it out but we were in the middle of nowhere and had no water or fire extinguisher or anything so we had to watch

·
Registered
56 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
we tried to put it out but we were in the middle of nowhere and had no water or fire extinguisher or anything so we had to watch
when i baught my first car (87 Honda CRXsi).. i made sure i had something to throw on the fire in case that ever happenned to me.. ( hot dogs.. marshmellows.. fuel.. ETC) luckily.. i didnt need it.. though i think ill carry a stick of TNT just in case lol

i can just see myself in the office of my insurance company now..

" funny story.. you see.... it kinda goes like..."

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Marty01 said:
when i baught my first car (87 Honda CRXsi).. i made sure i had something to throw on the fire in case that ever happenned to me.. ( hot dogs.. marshmellows.. fuel.. ETC) luckily.. i didnt need it.. though i think ill carry a stick of TNT just in case lol

i can just see myself in the office of my insurance company now..

" funny story.. you see.... it kinda goes like..."
LOL. Now that's how ya do it.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
you guys just reminded me of Hot shots when the guy roasts a hotdog on the jet plane exhaust.

Sorry to hear the loss...if you're ever worried about it happening again though a serious road side kit would include a little fire extinguisher and a good rag or towel...or something like an oven mit so that if the hood was hot you could open it hopefully without burning yourself.

you know, now that i'm thinking about car fires, i remember on tv one of those wildest or craziest video shows, and there was a video from the UK of a car fire on the side of the highway.....well theres smoke coming out of the hood, the driver gets out and opens the hood, and for a brief second I see what looks like a black valve cover and 8 sparkplug wires......then i realize that they're burning down a perfectly good stanza hatchback, one of those ugly cars they only made a handful of.

anyhow, i'm done with story time....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts