Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My headlights are crap, even with Sylvania "Cool blue" bulbs they suck ass on low-beam. I want a good set of DRIVING lights, not fogs, that don't cost that much. Any recommedations??

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want new bulbs I want a second set of lights that I can turn on when needed.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey buddy..

i can get u driving lights.. i carry Pilot , PIAA ..

find the design and style that you want and ill give u a price on them aight? if you want i can get u fog lights as well.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mostly need a recommendation on what gives good lighting without being expensive

·
Registered
638 Posts
RiceBox said:
i mostly need a recommendation on what gives good lighting without being expensive
One word, HELLA. I've had my Hella fog lamps now for about 3 weeks and i love them. They are very bright and they look good. I paid $40 for them, what a bargain. Hella makes real quality light kits for the price. Now keep in mind that mine are fog lamps, their driving lamps should really light your way at night. Check out the Hella line at your local auto parts store, and pickup a set you'll be happy you did. I sure am...:)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
PIAA does good lighting but expensive but top of the line.

G

·
u can try...

naxos ia another brand u can try...they have all sorts and the lights are much whiter and better than PIAAs...no point spending 100% more just to get PIAAs....i have them and i think i prefer naxos for the brightness and cheap price...9004s for $20 shipped at some places...:)

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sentrapower93 said:
One word, HELLA. I've had my Hella fog lamps now for about 3 weeks and i love them. They are very bright and they look good. I paid $40 for them, what a bargain. Hella makes real quality light kits for the price. Now keep in mind that mine are fog lamps, their driving lamps should really light your way at night. Check out the Hella line at your local auto parts store, and pickup a set you'll be happy you did. I sure am...:)
Gonna check those out. Thanks

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm liking these, but they are $200+tax, installed. OUCH!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got these or some similar Hella product for $70 and I mounted them in the grill and they rock it is like day time when you turn those bad boys on.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the exchange rate they are probably around $70, but I'm poor :(

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw those on the Hella website too. Problem is I don't have alot of room on the front of the car to put round lights. They are going to have to be mounted low, and I don't want them getting broken in the winter when I blast through snowbanks.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
These are only about 1/4 inch higher than the FF75 (2.4"High vs. 2.13), are more narrow and less deep according to my Hella catalogue (I have a spare if you'd like it), but they are dual fog/driving. Price is about $80-$90 in Ottawa (what's your budget?).

2020 Dual fog/driving #88184

Also, regardless of what brand/type you wind up buying, I recommend lights that use H3 bulbs. They are the best bulbs for aux. lighting. If they don't use H3 there's a good chance they won't work as well.

As for blasting through snowbanks, I have a grill mount and acrylic shields for that sort of thing.:D

Where did you get a $200 installed price for the FF75s? That's a good deal.

·
Registered
638 Posts
RiceBox said:
I'm liking these, but they are $200+tax, installed. OUCH!!!

Wow those are the ones i almost bought at advance auto parts for $69.95 #FF-75, but they use H-7 bulbs and i wanted fogs that were a bit smaller and used H-3 bulbs. So i got the #1452 rectangular fogs with a blue lens which matches the color of my car instead. The model #1400 Hella driving lights are really small, you mat wanna check those out. www.classicgarage.com has a good selection on hella optilux fog/driving lights, and the prices seem reasonable. good luck...:)

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Had a little look into bulb types -

H1, H2, H3, H4, H7 & H9 good

H8 and any 800 series (ie - ANSI 880, 885) bad.

Also consider wattage -

Less than 55 watts won't do any good, 55-60 is ok for seeing and not blinding the rest of us, anything over 75 watts will melt plastic lenses and reflectors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts