Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after having a slipping clutch for the past 5 month, I'm ready to get a new clutch set up. After much research, looks like the best bang for the buck is the Key Value clutch and 2.0 SE PP.

Now, just because I'm not very clear on this, am I supposed to purchase a KV kit for my 96 SE-R and a 00' PP, or both 2000 KV kit AND PP? Is there anything else I need to purchase besides this?

Also, is Mossy still offering a discount for board members?

Thanks,
Gino

P.S: If there's anyone in the So. Cal area that can offer to change my clutch, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, at least a recommended shop. I want to make sure it's going to be done right. Gracias...

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
i wouldnt bother with the Key Value stuff unless you plan on babying your car

id suggest the Jim Wolf clutch disk with the 2000 Sentra SE pressure plate

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya, Mossy still gives you the discount (ordered a clutch this week), but I believe its all the same prices you'll see on their website.

I ordered the 2000 SE KV kit and JWT 2.0 pressure plate for my '97 se-r. I haven't driven one yet, but its reputed to only be a little stiffer than stock, well built, and grips better than stock. Kinda overkill for my car, but its hard to stop modifying your car, so I'll probably grow into it.

Most list members have agreed that the KV kit is fine for stock and lightly modded cars unless you're brutal on your clutch (burnouts, powershifts). If you don't want a stiffer clutch pedal, stay stock. Plus its cheap. Talk to Greg Vogel at Mossy - he won't bullshit you, and give you what your car needs, and not more.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
i wouldnt bother with the Key Value stuff unless you plan on babying your car

id suggest the Jim Wolf pressure plate with the 2000 Sentra SE disk
thats what i meant to say
<smack>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts