Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the boards. I have a sentra and when i brake, i hear a thump thump thump sound coming from the left front of the car. i only hear the sound when i brake. What is the problem. Could it be hub bearings or something wrong with my brakes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup its an auto. Well actually its my aunty's sentra. she asked me to find the problem and fix it for her. The reason im asking on the forums is because i dont have time right now to check what is wrong because im fixing her maxima right now. so im jus going off of what she told me. so if anyone had a problem like this can you tell me what is wrong, so i can get right at it when im done with her other car??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rpms do not change at all.im not to sure on the jerking back and forth, maybe jus slightly because i cant really tell. its more of a tock tock tock sound when braking. i was thinking it had something to do with the brakes, since it only happens when braking.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My rotors were warped, and would make a similar noise when braking. Then, they got so bad, I did not have to brake to hear the noise. Now I have new rotors....

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the best way to tell is to get a straight edge and place it on the rotor, put a small flash light behind it and look for light where the edge is contacting the rotor, there shouldnt be any. some times it is very hard to tell if a rotor is warped but this sounds exactly like it is. nothing else is affected, just when you are braking.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
if the sound happens faster when your slowing down from higher speeds and slwoer at a slwoer speed then i would imagine its the rotor but if its something constant reglardless of speed then idk

·
Registered
155 Posts
1.6pete said:
the best way to tell is to get a straight edge and place it on the rotor, put a small flash light behind it and look for light where the edge is contacting the rotor, there shouldnt be any. some times it is very hard to tell if a rotor is warped but this sounds exactly like it is. nothing else is affected, just when you are braking.
Unless you have the right tool....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts