Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the throwout bearing attached to the clutch lever in any way, or does it simply "ride" in front of it?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,277 Posts
teamfour said:
Is the throwout bearing attached to the clutch lever in any way, or does it simply "ride" in front of it?
Normally its attached in some way so when the lever retracts it does not ride on the clutch pressure plate. However I have not had my Nissan apart yet so this is an assumption based on other cars.
Good Luck.....

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
teamfour said:
inside the bell of the tranny there is a i gues you can call it a fork has 2 arms going around the shaft. the throw out bearing has 2 little retainer clips and clip to the arms and it hols its self to it. hope that helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I pushed the clutch pedal in and I heard a click in the bellhousing. I hope this was the bearing "clipping" itself to the arm. :rolleyes:
Everything seems to work OK.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
teamfour said:
Thanks for the replies. I pushed the clutch pedal in and I heard a click in the bellhousing. I hope this was the bearing "clipping" itself to the arm. :rolleyes:
Everything seems to work OK.
........... :waving: your suppose to clip it in place befor you put the tranny in you better hope it clipped in and not just hookone side then possible turn on you and get locked up...that would suck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts