Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swapped a an se-r throttlebody onto my ga16 and am having a few problems please reply if you can help

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have a 95 66mm SE-R TB on my 1992 GA. I had to switch the linkage over and was not easy. the TPS is the same as the SE-R and just needs adjusted. The thing bolts on direct to the manifold. You need to port the manifold and smooth the transition. I got more off line torque with mine, tires peel now with the auto, but I also have a JWT computer with the CAI and header etc.
Chris 92 classic

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI I HAVE A 97 SENTRA GA16DE AND WAS WONDERING IF I COULD SWAP THE SER TB OVER. IF IM ABLE TO CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That SE-R TB will not fit the newer manifolds. Its strange that that SE-R TB fits the B13 manifold exactly. The SE-R TPS can be used as I used it and just plugged the harness in. Your newer TB most likely has different wiring. I never saw the 97 + setup, if you have a pic, post it of the engine at the TB. The TPS has 3 wires/prongs and yours maybe does not. I know The MAF from the 95 SE-R is totally different than my 92 harness and I have to get JWT to program the ECU and come up with a way to hook it up.

You may be stucj with the RC upgrade bore, but its not the 66mm of the SE-R TB. With cams the engine will breath good in the top. As for the ported manifold, Check Extrude Hone. I live near the PA plant and they told me 350.00 for mine.
Chris 92 classic

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
I was going to try this too, all you do is fit the new tb, mark the intake manifold, put a rag in it and grind away to the marks, make it as smooth as possible. I was going to do it with a 2.4 tb but I think thats too big? Will the 91-94 se-r bolt right up and use the same tps plug and all?

·
1,541 Posts
Did this ever go anywhere? Did anyone ever figure this out or get it to work? I put the 240 tb on and I made it about 2 miles before the car just knocked out on me- it was kinda undrivable to and the idle was unstable-- so like I thought-- too big !:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
0341TODD said:
Did this ever go anywhere? Did anyone ever figure this out or get it to work? I put the 240 tb on and I made it about 2 miles before the car just knocked out on me- it was kinda undrivable to and the idle was unstable-- so like I thought-- too big !:)
I have the SR20 TB installed for about 3 years now. Its from the 1995 200sx SER motor. They used the same linkage as the 1991-1994, the intake holes line up exactly, strange, but works well. The opening in the manifold needs cut with a grinder with a good bit, I used a die grinder like a head porting bit. Then smoothed it out. I also took the manifold off to clean the carbon out of it. The TPS on the 1995 SER TB is plug and play, adjust the TPS for GA16DE specs. YOu will need a new sleave for your cold air pipe if you have that system. I have a place racing hard pipe, I called them up for an SE-R sleave to fit onto the new TB. You will not notice that much difference, a little in the top and a better throttle snap, Its an easy mod. I think when I do the head and cams and high compression, the TB will work better. I also am going to convert the GA16 MAF to a 2.0 MAF. The ECU has to be programmed for the MAF work. You will need a JWT ECU also , plan to spend over 500 for such computer.

Hey, how did the 240 SX TB work, have a pic, does the linkage work? Maybe you can adapt the 2.0 TPS to work on the 240 TB.
Let me know
EMAIL me AT [email protected]

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am putting a 94 SE-R TB on my 91 1.6L. The 94 SE-R TB will fit just like the 95 TB, because both engines are lowport. You can't use a 91-93 SE-R TB, because they are highport and the linkages are different.

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
well what if you just replace the linkage??
i have a 93 se-r TB that i want to put on my 91 1.6
they mount up right and if you flip the tps over 180degrees it mounts ....just have a small problem witha vacuum line

and how hard is it to change the linkage?? I really want to do this and keep my cruise control

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
TOOQIK said:
well what if you just replace the linkage??
i have a 93 se-r TB that i want to put on my 91 1.6
they mount up right and if you flip the tps over 180degrees it mounts ....just have a small problem witha vacuum line

and how hard is it to change the linkage?? I really want to do this and keep my cruise control
this mod is not really worth it unless you have full exhaust and head and cam work.. with a 66mm tb wont your car run really lean cuz that is a lot of air especially going from a 50mm to 66mm.. it seems kinda of pointless if you ask me.. if you have a b14 you can either go with the RC big bore tb or just get an expierenced machinest to bore yours to a 54mm... there have been a lot of threads so search around, you will find answers quicker.. install and everything should be on the forum

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
i have a header, high flow cat , full exhuast piping , and high flow muffler, late model cams, custom intake with functional hoodscoop, Jeff's gizmo...

my question goes out to some one who has actually done the mod that I am asking about....

opinions are like.......

thanks for them

but I need to know what special steps are need to complete the mod?
93 se-r TB onto a 91 ga16de intake?can the linkage be changed out?can I still have cruise control?and what needs to be done to make the TPS work?

and if anyone has pics of the mod done would like to see.....I have already bored out the intake...and smoothed out the pipes that were stickin out in the inside of the intake for better flow too....

·
1,541 Posts
what about honing it out. Ive read some people did that. Is there enough material to really bore it out? Can you get it to 54 mm like the rc t.b? Hey dreadsword- can you attach that avatar to me man? Please? Will work for beer? would you still happen to be interested in the afc? Ive still gotta get off my butt and take a picture of that thing- im obviously not in any hurry to sell it, lol

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
1,541 Posts
Thats Cool Man. Thanks For The Avatars !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts