Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a code 43 in a Nissan Pathfinder 1988 VG30 6cyl MT 4WD. I changed the throtle sensor for a new one and I still have the same code 43. I rewire the new throtle sensor to the ECU with new cables and I still have the code 43. What else can be done to solve this situation?? The Pathfinder cannot accelerate more than 1800rpm. I need help !!!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
is it installed properly? when I replaced my TPS I put the little lever on the wrong side of the spring, went for a test drive and had the same symptoms, pulled it off and realized there was a spring lever there, placed on the proper side and it was fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don not have a little spring as yours. I have a Pathfinder 1988 6cyl 4WD. I remove the old one, and just put the new one with the 2 screws. I reset the ECU to eliminate the code 43. When I start the engine again, immediatelly the code appears again. I can not accelerate more then 1,800rpm. When I do the test for the TPS in the ECU in connector 19, I cannot see the voltage variation when I press the gas pedal. Why??

·
3,553 Posts
The TPS has an idle switch and an overall throttle position slider inside. The idle switch simply tells the ECU when it's at idle with the throttle closed. Have you tried adjusting the TPS at all? It has slots that allow it to be rotated back and forth for proper operation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts