Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it's been almost three years since we bought my daughter a 1995 200SX for her college years at the University of Vermont, with 118,000 miles on it, and three years since I found and joined this board.

Thgis past Sunday, our little girl graduated from UVM, and is still driving that Nissan. As you might tell by my profile and not posting in the past three years too often, the car has served her well and has remained pretty much trouble free. I've referred to the IAC cleaning thread a few times (which is what brings me here today) but other than that, the only real needs from that car were a serp belt last year.

That little car has taken her countless 600 mile roundtrips from Vermont to Rhode Island, down to DC and Philly, and even up to Canada once or twice.

I don't know where Kelly is headed next, there's talk of a move to seattle, and I don't know how long tat car will continue to serve her, but it's been a comfort to know we made a good choice for her, and of all the things a father could worry about, that little Nissan was seldom one of them.

This board has served me well, as well, and I want to thank all of you for being here, being so smart, so patient with so many novices like myself, and most of all, for being so darned helpful.

I will continue to drop by here as needed - let's hope that's not too often (lol) - and to peek in every now and then and see how you all are doing.

Thanks so much to all of you for all the help I've gotten these past three years.

Kudos to you, and kudos to the B14 GA16DE 1995 Nissan 200SX!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update to this story. After cleaning out the IAC, I noticed Kelly's inspection sticker had expired while she was out of state at school. I gave her directions to a garage I'm friendly with (my background was outside sales of auto parts, and Doug had long been a customer of mine).

Dou called me, very nervous, and said: "Rich, I can't put that thing on the dyno, that engine is making a ton of noise and is about ready to grenade!!!!!"

Now, that 1.6 has been a noisy motor since the day we bought it, and apparantly from all I've read here, that's fairly common, and this car sounded like it always does. Kel had just driven this down from Vermont, fer cryin' out loud!

Kelly wound up driving it back to VT for another week, and lo and behold Doug, the car made it just fine without a single glitch

*knocks on wood*

I couldn't believe he's been around cars all his life yet thought this thing wouldn't make the half hour trip back to her Mom's house, let alone Vermont!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts