Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super-Mod with a 240
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
Crazy...although there is one positive thing I see out of it. Honda owners finally admit that their own motors will never be quite that strong to make the kind of hp and tq figures the sr20s do, so they bow down to us. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
your right, it is too much FAF but i cant help but thinking what it would be like to put an sr20det into a hatchback civic cause its so light, although i have no idea what it takes i cant help but wonder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
FATF! heheheheeee....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
WORD!
 

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
hey at lest they know a good engine when they see one:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I'd sport that SR Civic, but I'd have to get rid of that horrible body kit.
 

·
Towards Antisocial
Joined
·
592 Posts
hondas are nice but they are not even in the same league as nissan. one of the guys says that a H22 engine (prelude) should be able to "toss it up with a DET anyday"...

LMAO... whens the last time you saw a prelude engine boostin +400HP easy. everybody and there mother got a DET pushin mad horsepower though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
blueboost said:
hondas are nice but they are not even in the same league as nissan. one of the guys says that a H22 engine (prelude) should be able to "toss it up with a DET anyday"...

LMAO... whens the last time you saw a prelude engine boostin +400HP easy. everybody and there mother got a DET pushin mad horsepower though.
A good turbo and some fuel tuning WILL get well over 400 HP on an H22...easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
this is not the first. i once read, after this guy like the 240sx with a det so much, he went to ask the forum if he can put a bluebird det in a prelude.
 

·
Towards Antisocial
Joined
·
592 Posts
kotomile said:
A good turbo and some fuel tuning WILL get well over 400 HP on an H22...easily.
but can a H22 handle HP gains like that without ripping open the block and addressing the internals? I don't know, but I would guess not. I mean thats one of the greatest parts about the SR20 engine is that it is built to handle HP #'s like that. I've never heard anything about the H22 taking that much abuse on stock internals.
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but can a H22 handle HP gains like that without ripping open the block and addressing the internals? I don't know, but I would guess not. I mean thats one of the greatest parts about the SR20 engine is that it is built to handle HP #'s like that. I've never heard anything about the H22 taking that much abuse on stock internals.
I'm sure that the average ricer or guy that just wants more power out of his/her H22 and has boosted have gotten the chance to see the insides of their motors. Most that buy turbo kits usually pop something on those motors as I've seen it over and over and over again. If you're not spending at least 3500-5k on an internal upgrade to include fancy ductile sleeves, block guards, headgaskets, pistons and rods you're riding on borrowed time and especially if you're new at forced induction.
 
G

·
H22, B16, B18. They are all the same to me. Racing in a Honda is like the special olympics. Even if you win, your still retarded. Hey I think i've found my new signature....
 

·
Towards Antisocial
Joined
·
592 Posts
boost_boy said:
I'm sure that the average ricer or guy that just wants more power out of his/her H22 and has boosted have gotten the chance to see the insides of their motors. Most that buy turbo kits usually pop something on those motors as I've seen it over and over and over again. If you're not spending at least 3500-5k on an internal upgrade to include fancy ductile sleeves, block guards, headgaskets, pistons and rods you're riding on borrowed time and especially if you're new at forced induction.
So then they AREN'T comperable to a SR20.... Good! another point go's to the nissan camp.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top