Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO I change my fluid a 8 days ago at 261973 miles and today I have 262303 miles I keep the fluid and poured it into a new gallon empty container of oil. . The tub that I drained it into was maybe not squeaky clean but did not have any debris. I REALLY WISHED I COULD DRAIN THE FLUID FILL IT FULL OF SOLVENT A FEW TIMES AND GET ALL OF THE TRASH OUT OF IT AND REFILL BUT, HIGHLY DOUBT THAT IS SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD DO. It is probably trash from the transmission lines when the dealer put in another tranny and was supposed to flush out the lines which they charged me for. If they did flush out the lines, whatever chemical that they used to do it with was white slimmey and gunky like handcleaner

I pour the fluid into the gallon clean container and found these specks in the tub since I kept the fluid this time I made sure that nothing was in the tub at all ad poured it back into tub so that i could see what was left in the tub when I poured it back into container and this is what the fluid looks like after 330 miles
This time I used the Asian NS3 rather than the Nissan since it is what I had ordered this time. HOW COULD THIS BE? AND what DO I NEED TO DO? ACTUALLY this has only 330 miles on the fluid
I ONLY POSTED 1 PIC OF EACH NOT SURE WHERE ALL THE OTHER PICS ARE COMING FROM
Tableware Rectangle Automotive tire Gadget Automotive lighting
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Ingredient Cuisine
Plant Gesture Scar Thumb Terrestrial plant
Water Grey Automotive tire Tints and shades Road surface
Liquid Water Fluid Atmospheric phenomenon Tints and shades
Tableware Liquid Solution Juice Ingredient
Liquid Ingredient Fluid Cuisine Water

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
That fluid color is fine, it always looks much darker in a pan than it does when it's pouring out in a stream. If there were any big problems with overheating and premature oxidation, the stuff you poured out in the cup would be very dark at the bottom. The slivers you're seeing are break-in debris that would have ended up on the magnets. Finer stuff too small to settle-out will end up in the filter under the beehive. Fluid flow in a CVT pan is relatively sluggish, which allows crud to separate and settle-out fairly readily. That's why the primary filter is just a screen, the magnets can be relied on to catch almost all debris that's heavy enough to separate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That fluid color is fine, it always looks much darker in a pan than it does when it's pouring out in a stream. If there were any big problems with overheating and premature oxidation, the stuff you poured out in the cup would be very dark at the bottom. The slivers you're seeing are break-in debris that would have ended up on the magnets. Finer stuff too small to settle-out will end up in the filter under the beehive. Fluid flow in a CVT pan is relatively sluggish, which allows crud to separate and settle-out fairly readily. That's why the primary filter is just a screen, the magnets can be relied on to catch almost all debris that's heavy enough to separate.
Thank you for getting back to me before I did something unnecessary. Relieved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts