Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is a stupid question but a friend of mine has a Honda Civic, and he says that a 85 Ford thunderbird 4-cylinder turbo and all the pipe work will bolt onto his car. I was wondering if there was anything like that, that would work on my 200 SX SE-R?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason i was asking is because i won a garrett turbo on ebay, but alll it is, is the turbo itself and I was wondering if I could use any parts off of an older car like my friend said he could.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That seems really strange to me that the manifold flanges line up with the block perfectly and all the piping runs just right and doesn't get in the way of anything on a totally different car.. but if he says it works I guess it does. As far as I know there aren't any kits that work on an SR20 other than the SR20 kits. Like he said, the FMAX kit is a nice bolt-on SR20 turbo kit. Buy everything but the turbo (and granted the turbo you won fits on the manifold) you'll have yourself a nice SR20DET.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks a lot. How much does the F max kit run? If it isn't too much then i would be able to get it soon, but if not I'll have to wait on it. And I need to find someone around here that can put it on for me cause I have never done this type of work before.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
The FMAX kit costs about...oh, tree-fitty.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
No, I mean tree-fitty, you goddam Loch Ness Monster from the Paleozoic Era!

·
Registered
29 Posts
bahearn said:
No, I mean tree-fitty, you goddam Loch Ness Monster from the Paleozoic Era!
Haha I new the second you posted tree-fitty you were a south park fan!

Good old friend of mine still says that to this day since that episode.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
there are an infinite number of manifolds out for the sr20 you just have to know where to search.
this is not the place
go to sr20deforum.com and do a search for log type manifolds

after you find a manifold that will fit you will then have to find the plumbing for the IC the down pipe and the oil and water lines then upgrading your computer to run higher pressure injectors. dont forget you will need an aftermarket fuel rail as well as larger q45 throttle body. then you have to fab an exhaust and before you can drive away happy you have to get a new clutch.

I know i missed a few things but i would say you are now in the ball park of $3k

O

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
How can you just go on ebay, buy a random turbo, and know nothing about the engine or anything about turbos for that matter?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got five bucks on it that he won one of those infamous electric turbos we see on ebay.

Yes, I accept Pay-Pal. :p

(My hookup at Garrett says they make marine water fans that double specifically for this application)

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Uh, my420sx, he said "I won a garrett turbo on ebay" He won the auction, meaning he did pay for it, it wasnt free.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dude, I was joking. I don't think people have caught on yet but if I don't post something retarded and stupid in at least one thread per day I'm slacking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts