Nissan Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yep, and the bad part is, Josh still doesn't know shit. man when he sold his old 93 civic, i thought surely that he would try to get something a little faster, but NOPE! dumbass got another civic, but this time it had more horse power cuse it had a body kit:rolleyes:

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Yeah thats kinda pointing to the fact that maybe he is just a shitty driver! U think?

·
Registered
531 Posts
anthony jackson said:
okay first of all, im new at this. when i very first started, a pinto could have pulled on me. Ive only recently learned how to feather the clutch in order to take off from 5500 to 6000 rpms. When i raced josh i was trying launch from about 3500 rpm, then i spun tires a little, so naturally he got the jump on me. and to whoever the he-- said something about me double clutching needs to chill out. It aint like im talkin about your mama or how fat your girlfriend is or something! Being new at this means alot of things, like low rev launches, and using the wrong slang for a term. i dont need some board(probably 30 year old man) bustin my ballz because he thinks i worship a movie!:mad:
You guys all know that when your excited about your first win against a non stock peice of metal on four wheels, you didnt want your dignaty smashed by some "know it all", oh and by the way, since you do know it all, why don't you go and get a job at Nissan. Im sure you could really blow their minds with your superior intelect:D
The term i should have referred to was the term REV MATCHING, and i will from now own. Thank you so ever much for your great mentauring and superb leadership oh great one.
Just joined... and this whole thread was hilarious! I'm still confused... and this part was never clarified... Why the hell would you have to rev match in an upshift?:D Glad you've moved away from your old "Vin" ways :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well, lets just say that it helps to keep the car from doing that "help, im being raped by a gorilla" jerk!

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
well how exactly do you rev-match when upshifting???

rev-matching is where you hit the gas while downshifting with the clutch in so that the rpm is where it needs to be for that next gear. You can't rev-match on an upshift, and even if you could it would be useless.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i think you could rev match while up shifting if you hold the clutch down and wait for the engines rpms to go down, but that would still be pointless.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK, rev matching on an upshift.

Ok, for any one that has the SR20DE in their B13 sentra knows that thers huge lag in first and second gear, and in a drag race it is recomended that you go all the way to redline (7500-7800rpm). Now it is a known fact that during the last few thousand Rpms in stock (or should i say, non turbo) form, your power band dropps dramatically in the SR20, however the reason for going all the way to redline will put you back in the power band in the next gear, but ive found that if you rev match (not wait for the rpms to drop, but hold the gas pedal while you shift at a lower rpm, it will actually give you a secont launch) example. IN first gear, insted of going all the way to red line shif at 6800rpm, but hold your gas pedal on the floor board in order for your rpm to continue to raise, that way you will shift at the very end of the power band in 1st and put you right back into 2nd gears powerband with out losing that .5 second 10 hp loss! ya see. so its kinda the opposite, sorry for the slang term, REV MATCHING, if its called something else, then please let me know! and if you are confused then tell me and ill try to better explain!

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Yeah that's called power shifting or speed shifting or whatever (all sorts of different names). Pretty much it f*cks up your synchros and clutch fast and I will never do it on any car I care about. Rev-matching actually helps your synchro's and clutch and reduces wear and tear.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yeah, i knew that it rips up the tranny internals, but ive only done it a couple of times! hence the reason that i didn't know what you were supposed to call it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
6800 rpm huh?

The best shiftpoints for a stock SR20DE (91-98) are as follows:

1-2 7500rpm+ (if you want to exceed redline, go to 7700rpm)
2-3 7300rpm
3-4 7100rpm
4-5 7000rpm

These are pretty much dyno proven for a stock SE-R...........

How do you think I pulled a 15.214 with just a header and timing (my shiftpoints are a *little* higher due to the header)?

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
BIGBULS said:
6800 rpm huh?

2-3 7300rpm
3-4 7100rpm
4-5 7000rpm

Should be revised to say these shift points are for a 91-94 SE-R. Kinda hard to perform the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts at 7500 and 7300 rpms with a 7100 rpm fuel cut that the B14 SE-R's have. Not a flame, just a correction.

·
Registered
531 Posts
BIGBULS said:
6800 rpm huh?

2-3 7300rpm
3-4 7100rpm
4-5 7000rpm

How do you think I pulled a 15.214 with just a header and timing (my shiftpoints are a *little* higher due to the header)?
Wow! that's a good time if that's all your mods. Did you ditch some of the interior? I just put on i/h/e so dang, maybe... it could be done. I have no problem shifting that high... if the motor goes... it goes... ooops!:D I was at WSIR a coupla weeks ago and ran it constantly at redline for 5, 30min sessions and she's still going!:D Good ole sr20!

·
Registered
531 Posts
anthony jackson said:
yeah, i knew that it rips up the tranny internals, but ive only done it a couple of times! hence the reason that i didn't know what you were supposed to call it!
OK... that's cleared up. Hey you can powershift all you want, my friend has a blown 96' stang and does that all the time. I won't do it w/ my own car but i'm happy to sit in somebody else's car while they do it:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
thanks for the correction! i have been looking around for the pefect shift points, but was afrait to ask. i didnt want to get flamed with the "DID YOU SEARCH" reply! thankx

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ok?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts