Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics coming soon, later on today.

One word: DO NOT ATTEMPT!

I have had nothing but problems with EVERYTHING especially the lower control arm bushings which I had to melt out with a butane torch. Im beat, dirty, and frustrated so im going to bed: My weekend was spent underneath that POS, so was my gf's too. I took pics of everything, and will be writing a DIY later on tomorrow, after I get a brake line re-flared, which is leaking absolutely everywhere.

Personally, I can't wait to get my pony back.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jed118 said:
Pics coming soon, later on today.

One word: DO NOT ATTEMPT!

I have had nothing but problems with EVERYTHING especially the lower control arm bushings which I had to melt out with a butane torch. Im beat, dirty, and frustrated so im going to bed: My weekend was spent underneath that POS, so was my gf's too. I took pics of everything, and will be writing a DIY later on tomorrow, after I get a brake line re-flared, which is leaking absolutely everywhere.

Personally, I can't wait to get my pony back.
Hmm, I did the swap on mine over a year ago, and did the swap on my buddies 1994 3 years ago, and I had no problems whatsoever. The swap is very straightforward. You can see my site on the swap here: http://www.johnandtracey.com/staticpages/index.php/ser_rear_disc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well u got lucky with the parts removal. $335? Haha LOL I paid just over $100 CAD for this upgrade...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jed118 said:
Well u got lucky with the parts removal. $335? Haha LOL I paid just over $100 CAD for this upgrade...
$100 CAD is a great deal. I rebuilt my calipers and used new rotors and pads.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
Jed118 said:
and look at the trouble you're having...could we have gotten what we paid for? lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tavel said:
and look at the trouble you're having...could we have gotten what we paid for? lol.
No, because the bolts that were stuck were the ones on the car's DRUM BRAKES. To make that clearer, they were teh ones that were ALLREADY ON THE CAR. I got both spindles for $80 and, uh, the other parts were "included". I needed to purchase 2 bushings, so that was another $30.

So because I only spent $110, that justifies my trouble with the setup? I think that's an ignorant and stupid assumption, if ever I did hear one.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wtf!!!!!! is the rear disk only a 1/2 inch thick!!!???!!?! :waving:

if so that dosent harly seem worth the work at all! my drum brakes work jst fine thank you. an AD22VF front upgrade would be farrrrrr more worth the time (i will be doing that in a few weeks)

·
Registered
466 Posts
1.6pete said:
wtf!!!!!! is the rear disk only a 1/2 inch thick!!!???!!?! :waving:

if so that dosent harly seem worth the work at all! my drum brakes work jst fine thank you. an AD22VF front upgrade would be farrrrrr more worth the time (i will be doing that in a few weeks)
Nope, try just over 1/4" thick. They are 7mm, or 0.276 inch.

I did the swap for a few reasons. 1)Drum brakes are a pain in the ass to work on. Everytime I work on drum brakes, I always draw blood getting those damn springs on or off. 2)Pad changes are super easy with disc. 3)Disc brakes look so much better with open style wheels then drums.

I did get a nice little increase in braking ability. Not drastic, but still noticable. Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got lucky that the bearings are good and the rotors are not warped. I still have a leak from the line, but what can I do but have it fixed... for now im using teh ebrake to stop, I only used the car 2 times for a distance of less than 4 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts