Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found an 89 240sx, and really want to get it. My parents said that I can't buy it because there isn't anymore parts to repair it, or shit like that. Now I really want this car, and would totally have it as a project car. Do you guys know anything I could say to sway my parents into letting me buy this car, it'd be flipping wicked.

thanks,
Patrick.

will update later as I am in kinda of a hurry right now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are plenty of parts available. stuff napa had in stock for my car(1990 240sx-same as 1989):
1. Clutch slave cylnder
2. exhaust manifold gasket
3. brake pads/rotors (altought i didn'y buy them, purchased online)
4. Struts (didn't buy thoes either, went with agx's i got ordered online)
5. spark plugs
Keep in mind that i live in a kind of rural area. So bigger city stores proably have more in stock.

and if all else fails, try searing 240 parts anywhere online....... theres more aftermarket support for this car than you can possiably imagine. for example theres a guy selling motor mount adapters for a rb25det swap on ebay now.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
the prices for new parts are actually pretty good as well. i never really stress if something breaks on my 240 unless its the turbo or something like that - something you wont have to worry about with a stock 240.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The 240's have a ton of parts...Tell your folks...Me a father of a teenager and owner of 3 240's recommends the 240 for the simple reason is you can still work on it yourself...Its a great car to learn basics on and you can get parts for it very easly. Here is my collection of 240's although the convertible is my wifes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
your parents are idiots. jk but seriously if anything parts are cheaper now a days. junk yard is your friend. you can have a 300 hp street machine for the price of buying a used honda anymore

and tell your rents that the 240 is sporty but nowhere near fast enough to kill yourself hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts