Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some money saved up and because I have a sentra now that I absolutly love I am definatly sticking with Nissan. So I was wondering if you all could give me some advise and personal opinions about the a 05 SER Spec V.

·
Registered
851 Posts
saying "this is the wrong forum" would be an understatement.

check out the B15/QR25

·
Registered
871 Posts
3volut!on said:
Ive got some money saved up and because I have a sentra now that I absolutly love I am definatly sticking with Nissan. So I was wondering if you all could give me some advise and personal opinions about the a 05 SER Spec V.
Read some of the treads in this forum (b15) and some in the QR25 forum, that will give you all the answers you need.

B15 chasis forum:
http://www.nissanforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

QR25 Engine Forum:
http://www.nissanforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

·
Registered
129 Posts
Everything I'm about to tell you has been well covered elsewhere.

I have a 2003 Spec-V and love it. It's very fun to drive. The 2.5 L engine does not rev quickly or easily, but has a ton of torque and good power overall. The 2005 models currently have bigtime incentives, like $2500 cash back, so you can probably get a brand new one for under $16k, which I think is a steal.

There are a couple of troubling issues with the QR25DE engine, namely the pre-cat failing (you can avoid this by installing an aftermarket header) and the little screws that hold the secondary intake runners coming loose and getting sucked into your engine (not good, but there is also a decent fix). Hard to say exactly how common those two issues are, but they are known potential problems to be aware of.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Read the sticky in the QR engine forum to get an idea of what you have to work with mod wise and problem wise. I have a modified 2002 SE-R, and while I enjoy it a lot, I would not buy it again. I would personally buy a car that was quicker, better rated (specefically service), more predictable, not FWD and keep it stock.

On a happy note, the newer Specs are dynoing higher and are more reliable than previous models.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Also dont forget that your insurance would be high. You can get an SE and slap in a QR25 if you want to do a project. Then your insurance wont be as high. I am thinking about doing that when I get the will and the money to do it. I also hear that the QR25s are hard to get over 250 hp, is this true?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Take one for a test drive. It'll be pretty obvious which are the car's benefits and which are its shortcomings. If you value performance over comfort, this is the right choice. If not, maybe buy a Mazda 3 Sport GT or a Corolla XRS.

·
I am Popo Bawa
220 Posts
Biscuit, Why is the insurance high? High compared to what? I've got an '02 Spec V, and it is insured as an economy car, not expensive at all.

From your posts, it looks as if you do not currently have one, so how can you say? Just curious, not attacking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
3volut!on said:

I'm in the same position. I've found out so much from this forum alone,and I'm glad that I found it. That being said IMO the Spec V is where it's at performance wise under $20,000. I can tell you all the features that i'm sure you've read in the brochure, that make it a little trick from stock. Go out and test drive one you will fall in love. I did.

Also if you have'nt found out about the powertechimports.com turbo kit you should check into that.

I got a Code red 05' Spec V w/Brembo Package coming this WEEKEND!!!!4/9/05 :hal: :loser:

·