Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda new to the whole scene. I'm thinking about buying a 200sx. I need advice on what model, engine, mods, etc. I'm still undecided though. I've been reading the forums, and it seems like the Sentra GS-R is also a viable option.

My main goal is to be faster than Civic Si's.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
linus22277 said:
I'm kinda new to the whole scene. I'm thinking about buying a 200sx. I need advice on what model, engine, mods, etc. I'm still undecided though. I've been reading the forums, and it seems like the Sentra GS-R is also a viable option.

My main goal is to be faster than Civic Si's.
Tell me you are joking. I haven't heard of a sentra GS-R. Please, enlighten me on the stats on that.

Moved to the B14 Forum

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
You've never seen a sentra gsr? I see them all the time when I go snipe hunting... :p :eek: :eek: :p

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
sentra se-r is what you mean linus... my friend welcome to the boards.. do not take offense to the mockings that my fellow board members give you. they mean no harm.

but it is the SE-R not GS-R...

hope that helps you out and yes do get the se-r since it is the better of the 200 SX out there.

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re:

yeah, sorry guys - apparantly i was confused

so the 200sx SE-R is what i want?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
yes.. that is the best one out on the market for the b14...

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Yes. The 200SX SE-R is an awesome vehicle. It is powered by the all famous SR20DE motor.

I suggest hopping over to http://www.sentra.net and http://www.se-r.net they've got articles on almost everything you need want and desire to know about the 200SX

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
dammit sam .. your stalkin me first !

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of turbo can the sr20de handle?

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
more specifically, which one is the best?

·
Registered
393 Posts
anyone know of someone selling a 200sx SE-R? i have to get rid of this thing, cuz i want an SE-R dammit.

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
Re: Re: thinking about a 200sx

stealthb14 said:
Tell me you are joking. I haven't heard of a sentra GS-R. Please, enlighten me on the stats on that.

Moved to the B14 Forum
Actually in Mexico the Sentra's are called Tusra and they have a GS-R model.:p

·
Registered
212 Posts
Linus why dont you get yourself a Nissan with the SR20DET engine already with the turbo. 200 Horses. Im doing an engine swap at some point and ive got the SR20 at the mo. You can get the SR20 up to around 180+ without a turbo and thats a nice a BHP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Linus, i would look for a 200sx ser, or for better handling, a 240 sx(rear wheel drive!)with the turbo already on it....it's definitely the way to go.... or.....you can get a used turbo Mazda RX-7(beautiful, rare car), Toyota MR2(baby ferraris) or Mitsubishi Eclipse in the same price range...even if you get the perfect running 200sx, your still going to have to deal with bumpsteer, which id hate to encounter on a turbocharged 200 sx....then again, maybe i'd like to take my chances!! lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
we dont have any stock turbo'd sr20s over here, and its illegal to have the swap in. thats the only reason why i wouldnt do it. i would go for the 240 too

·
Registered
205 Posts
we dont have any stock turbo'd sr20s over here, and its illegal to have the swap in. thats the only reason why i wouldnt do it. i would go for the 240 too
Not sure where you live, but it's not illegal to swap a different motor with high powered parts into another cars engine bay. As long as the car registers with all safety laws (seatbelts, proper lighting, etc.) of the local governments and is emissions efficient. I've known people that built their own cars, chassis and all, from the ground up and then had it registered. It's not easy and it's not cheap (by a long shot since you have to have it registered as a legitimate passenger car and apply for the vin and things and the insurance is usually outrageous...then again, what insurance isn't). Now if you add major modifications like you mentioned and didn't report it to your insurance company and get in an accident, they will 99% of the time cancel your insurance and not cover any parts not originally found on the car but that's still not illegal as the insurance will be canceled AFTER the car was reported in an accident, hehe.

Only question I really have is where are you located? I know most states are like what I wrote above but it wouldn't surprise me if someone did have funky laws like what you said.

·
Registered
218 Posts
97PocketRocket said:
Now if you add major modifications like you mentioned and didn't report it to your insurance company and get in an accident, they will 99% of the time cancel your insurance and not cover any parts not originally found on the car but that's still not illegal as the insurance will be canceled AFTER the car was reported in an accident, hehe.
So do aftermarket parts like bodykits and exhaust systems have to be reported? Although they are not really considered major modifications, they still have a high dollar value. Where do we draw the line?

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i'm in the portland, or area, and i can get a 96 SE-R with under 100k on it for around $6000 - i also saw a few 240s, but aren't they heavier than the 200sx?

another question - which sentra comes with the SR20DE?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts