Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody this is my first post. my name is steve and i have an 03 EVO. i live out in orland park south of chicago. the evo is stupid fast and fun as all hell. but it think it is time for me to retire the stupid fast and go to just the fast. im looking at an 05 specv orange and get some nismo crap. what do you guys think?

-Steve

·
Registered
455 Posts
EVOSTEVO said:
hello everybody this is my first post. my name is steve and i have an 03 EVO. i live out in orland park south of chicago. the evo is stupid fast and fun as all hell. but it think it is time for me to retire the stupid fast and go to just the fast. im looking at an 05 specv orange and get some nismo crap. what do you guys think?

-Steve
Oh Steve-O, what privilige it is to be an owner of such a car. I'm totally jealous. Though even if I wanted one, I couldn't have one cause I'm Canadian. I've driven the WRX and based on that I'd have to say that getting a Spec V is a major step down (in performance). Don't get me wrong, I love my Spec V but the two cars are in a different world altogether.
Have you ever driven a front wheel drive car. That's what the Spec V is. What makes it unique though, is the torque, horsepower and suspension combo. It's quite potent and drives like a track car. For my budget, this was the car. With a little more dosh and an American passport, I'd be into an EVO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used to have a talon TSi which i guess would still be a step down speed wise but it was fwd.

i went to conntinental and they said they would give me a 05 spec v code red with brembos and sunroof for just around 16k out the door. im need to get my dad in for the cosign but other than that its most likley a go.

-Steve

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
4G63 is a crazy engine and you will never get that power out of a Spec V...but you also wont have tyres with a 140 treadwear and have such mean maintenence schedules.

You can reach about 190 WHP will all bolt ons and cams, and have a car capable of mean autocrossing. The NISMO parts are nice, well built, dyno proven and expensive. The stock tyres on Spec Vs are rather crappy and replacing them is IMO one of the most important mods, along with an aftermarket header that replaces the pre-catalyst, stainless steel brakelines, the balancer shaft removal and motor mount inserts (depending on the intake manifold, Loctiting the 8 butterfly valve screws are crucial, IIRC new Nissans have a different intake manifold design which does not suffer this design flaw as the screws dont exist!). There are also other nice names such as HotShot, AEM, MR, AEBS, Stromung, VRS, Magnaflow, and many more. Our engine is the QR25DE and I made a tuning guide which is a sticky in the QR engine section. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and goodluck on your possible purchase!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NickZac said:
4G63 is a crazy engine and you will never get that power out of a Spec V...but you also wont have tyres with a 140 treadwear and have such mean maintenence schedules.

You can reach about 190 WHP will all bolt ons and cams, and have a car capable of mean autocrossing. The NISMO parts are nice, well built, dyno proven and expensive. The stock tyres on Spec Vs are rather crappy and replacing them is IMO one of the most important mods, along with an aftermarket header that replaces the pre-catalyst, stainless steel brakelines, the balancer shaft removal and motor mount inserts (depending on the intake manifold, Loctiting the 8 butterfly valve screws are crucial, IIRC new Nissans have a different intake manifold design which does not suffer this design flaw as the screws dont exist!). There are also other nice names such as HotShot, AEM, MR, AEBS, Stromung, VRS, Magnaflow, and many more. Our engine is the QR25DE and I made a tuning guide which is a sticky in the QR engine section. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and goodluck on your possible purchase!
:crazy: something tells me if you were talking to me you would have said that real fast...im sure their are many aftermarket vendors as well but you know NISMO has such a nice ring to it.. BTW your talking to a guy who blew 650 bucks for a cat-back (HKS) so 500-550 bucks isnt to bad at all for an exhaust.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
EVOSTEVO said:
:crazy: something tells me if you were talking to me you would have said that real fast...im sure their are many aftermarket vendors as well but you know NISMO has such a nice ring to it.. BTW your talking to a guy who blew 650 bucks for a cat-back (HKS) so 500-550 bucks isnt to bad at all for an exhaust.
I never meant to imply NISMO was a bad deal, just that they are pricey compared to a few other quality names. Quality cost money and NISMO delivers. I run NISMO cams and quite a few suspension parts and I am very happy with the quality of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NickZac said:
I never meant to imply NISMO was a bad deal, just that they are pricey compared to a few other quality names. Quality cost money and NISMO delivers. I run NISMO cams and quite a few suspension parts and I am very happy with the quality of them.
oh no no i really just like NISMO. i dont want to put a nismo badge on a car with zero nismo on it. ralliart stuff was super expensive for the evo so i never got any

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
EVOSTEVO said:
oh no no i really just like NISMO. i dont want to put a nismo badge on a car with zero nismo on it. ralliart stuff was super expensive for the evo so i never got any
If you are looking for a str8 out NISMO car, the top you can do will be to make it a NISMO R Tune. IIRC NISMO produces CAI/header (w/ and w/ out cat)/cxhaust/cams/FPR/lower tie bar/front sway bar/full damper kit/rear sway bar/front strut tower bar (a slightly thinner one is stock)/brushing kit/front brake pads/17x7 wheels (they look really good)/quite a few shift knobs/floormats/graphics kit/1.3 bar radiator cap/gas cap/oil cap/body kit which is not too high profile but very handsome/and mugs and t shirts and other miscellaneous things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NickZac said:
If you are looking for a str8 out NISMO car, the top you can do will be to make it a NISMO R Tune. IIRC NISMO produces CAI/header (w/ and w/ out cat)/cxhaust/cams/FPR/lower tie bar/front sway bar/full damper kit/rear sway bar/front strut tower bar (a slightly thinner one is stock)/brushing kit/front brake pads/17x7 wheels (they look really good)/quite a few shift knobs/floormats/graphics kit/1.3 bar radiator cap/gas cap/oil cap/body kit which is not too high profile but very handsome/and mugs and t shirts and other miscellaneous things.
i like the nismo graphics but they only have grey/red/black or white/red/black.
in GT4 (i feel like a 15 year old :loser: ) but their is a NISMO GTR that is red and has white/grey/black graphics so i need to find those for the car.

-Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts