Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just added a new addition to my B12 family, *gasp* a b13 se-r.

Is a 91 with new trans, aluminum flywheel, stage 2 clutch, urethane all over the suspension and motor mounts - got it for $1200 cash...

On a side note, I had to replace both A-arms, a wheel bearing, head gasket, and several other parts on my B12 work car this week.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention the strut tower brace, short shifter, K&N, and 2.5 inch exhaust...

However, I believe I'm gonna get rid of the Urethane engine mounts (OMG VIBRATION) and the short shifter...that thing is like 2 inches tall...

I hate the stage 3 clutch, who the heck would put a stage 3 in a near stock non-turbo? I wish there was a way to switch to hydraulic, but I don't believe there is...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice. There was a b13 near me for $1000 that didn't have nearly what
your's already has on it. You scored with all those upgrades, man.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I'm gonna rebuild this one like I did my B12, which is nearly complete....

I'm thinking Tsuru headlights and grill, with JDM orange side markers, Sunny Bumper/skirts and a GTIR SR20det, new carpet and black leather on the seats/door panels...and lastly that bright blue from the new Chevy Silverados.

Man and to think I nearly had my credit card paid off!

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
dont drop in a DET dude. the NA SR20 is 9.5:1 and can handle lotsa boost. get a RWD sr20 intake manifold and turbo parts and you'll have a stompin' setup :). less boost with more power. it'll save your turbo, and you'll have a much better bottom end, that will also spool the turbo faster.

rebuild the SR20DE in it, and boost that. tubular manifolds are decently cheap, and you can get a T28 and buy some parts that you need. might cost a bit more in the end, but man alive, it'll be a lot more potent:).

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
I'd personally like to see someone have a GTi-R full swap done on a US-spec B13 SE-R. I've seen plenty back overseas in Europe, but none around here. You should make it AWD to boot as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno dude, hard to believe it would be more expensive to build the SR20 into a DET than just buy a DET...GTIR DET's are HIGH.

As for AWD, you can forget that for a few years - don't have the cash for it until I get a few more cabins built on the campground. If I did, I'd need to know the factory ratio on the GTIR rear-end. I was thinking if I did, I'd just yank the differential and suspension from a foxbody mustang since they are close to the same size of car and has tons of gear options.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
I dunno dude, hard to believe it would be more expensive to build the SR20 into a DET than just buy a DET...GTIR DET's are HIGH.

As for AWD, you can forget that for a few years - don't have the cash for it until I get a few more cabins built on the campground. If I did, I'd need to know the factory ratio on the GTIR rear-end. I was thinking if I did, I'd just yank the differential and suspension from a foxbody mustang since they are close to the same size of car and has tons of gear options.
thats true. the bluebird DET is less. but yeah, build a DE+T :). you can make big numbers with lower boost.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think a pillhead stole my camera...if I find out for sure - they won't find the body...

I'll borrow a camera, already talked to my buddy about painting it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what they make credit cards for! You think I can flat out afford this crap?

Basically, I get these year 0 interest cards, buy what I want then make $1500 payments a month to pay it off quick! hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts