Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i definitely wanna upgrade the head gasket when i get the turbo in. i really heard the best things about cometic. but they dont make one for the GA, especially a thicker one.

is there anything i can do about this, i really feel like i need a better gasket because i wanna boost safely

as always, thanks in advance my chums :thumbup:

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
i looked for one when i did my headgasket and found none

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so whats the solution, i seriously wanna run a thicker gasket

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
himbo said:
so whats the solution, i seriously wanna run a thicker gasket

there is none. you wanna run a thicker run totry to lower your compression? is that whats up?

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you got it, i've had some people who told me to get them custom made, by i dont know where or who, or the specs because i want to port match the head as well

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Cometic will require that we have a minimum amount of interest to produce an MLS gasket for our cars. Honestly I think we will be hard pressed to get that number because of the limited number of GAturbo cars that will require a stronger head gasket. I have the form for the gasket and everything.

The other problem is that I would petition for a stock thickness gasket, so to get a thicker one made would require us to gain even more interest. The compression ratio of our motor is fine for boost, if you really want to lower the compression I would accomplish that by using different pistons.

The other option is copper and I would NOT use a copper head gasket on a street car!

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Head Gasket

This probably goes without saying, but I'd be interested in a Cometic head gasket if there is ever enough interest. I'd also want one with the stock thickness. It's obvious the head gasket is the weak point, even if it's blowing under bad conditions.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys think we can petition for it??? would anyone be down for it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts