Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can I program an alarm in my 96 200sx se-r to make it beep when i lock and unlock the car. a light fash twice but there is no sound.
I know that there is some keys combination but I dont know what.

How can I program it to have sound while locking and unlocking??????

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
do you have a siren ? If you lock the doors with the remote and you open the doors with the key and the alarm goes off..can you hear the siren?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
crazy200sx said:
how can I program an alarm in my 96 200sx se-r to make it beep when i lock and unlock the car. a light fash twice but there is no sound.
I know that there is some keys combination but I dont know what.

How can I program it to have sound while locking and unlocking??????
There is no beeper in the B14. Only the lights flash when the doors are locked remotely.

You would have to get a beeper and wire it into the wiring going from Multi Remote Control Relay-2 to the turn signal lamps to get a beep.

Lew

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
lshadoff said:
There is no beeper in the B14. Only the lights flash when the doors are locked remotely.

You would have to get a beeper and wire it into the wiring going from Multi Remote Control Relay-2 to the turn signal lamps to get a beep.

Lew
Wouldn't that make it beep everytime you turn or hazard lights are on ?... you need a cut off relay from a 12V switched ignition source. Lew's idea's not bad tho :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
do u mean make the horn sound? cause u just hold the alarm button and the lock button until it beeps to make it do that

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
lshadoff said:

Lew
exactly, when I lock my doors, the lights flash on and off, but no noise (aftermarket and I do not have a horn)

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
lshadoff said:

Lew
when i got the car it came with the cheap aftermarket alarm i guess dealer installed it, anyway it had a siren. Very crappy alarm ..very very old. I discovered that that company later was overtaken by DEI.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
it varies by model.

My Maxima just blinks the hazzards 2x when it locks and nothing when it unlocks.
On the sentra, before I had my viper alarm, the stock alarm would blink 2x and honk real quick to lock, and blink 1x when I unlock it. HOWEVER, there is a silence feature that will disable the horn beep. If you press and hold both the lock/unlock buttons on the remote it should enable and disable the beep.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
on our cars the process is accually on the back of the OEM remote.

there are 2 options;
1. when locking horn beeps, lights flash. while unlocking, lights flash dome comes on.

2. when locking, lights flash no horn beep. while unlocking, lights do not flash but dome comes on.

i can cycle between these 2 like it aint no thang. to cycle between the 2 you need to press and hold "lock" and "unlock" at the same time. in 3 seconds you will see you lights flash 3 times and you are now on the other option. hope this helps. (like i said, turn your OEM key fob over and this process is on the back of it)

·
Registered
47 Posts
This may sound dumb, but are all of your doors tightly shut? I know that on mine, the horn won't honk when locking it if one of the doors is even semi-ajar.

EDIT: I have a Sentra, rather than a 200SX, but I'm sure that everything works much the same way, though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Only the '98 + cars make noise when you lock or unlock using the remote.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
eric96ser said:
Only the '98 + cars make noise when you lock or unlock using the remote.
i dont think so, look on the back of your remot. you can program it to 2 differant "programs"

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
1.6pete said:
i dont think so, look on the back of your remot. you can program it to 2 differant "programs"
My remote (which came with the car when I bought it new) has embossed on it:

UNITED TECHNOLOGIES AUTOMOTIVE
FCC ID: KOBUTA2T
CANADA: 1983 K1434

And that's all of it. No instructions about programming the remote. Also, there are no instructions for this reprogramming in the 1997 FSM I purchased when I bought the car.

EDIT: When I press lock and unlock simultaneously, nothing happens.

Lew

·
Registered
151 Posts
1.6pete said:
Nope, I have the stock remotes, and I bought my car new. '95 - '97 Sentra/200SXs don't have the horn honk option when locking or unlocking with the remote.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
lshadoff said:
My remote (which came with the car when I bought it new) has embossed on it:

UNITED TECHNOLOGIES AUTOMOTIVE
FCC ID: KOBUTA2T
CANADA: 1983 K1434

And that's all of it. No instructions about programming the remote. Also, there are no instructions for this reprogramming in the 1997 FSM I purchased when I bought the car.

EDIT: When I press lock and unlock simultaneously, nothing happens.

Lew
really!? thats weird.... i toggle between them al the time, i make it beep in parking lots to sound like i have an alarm..but if im coming home late i put "silent" on so i dont wake any one up. sorry, i just assimed they were all the same

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
exactly! thats what i have.....and i love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts