Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know that people come on here to get a break from school and stuff but maybe someone could put all of those physics formulas and stuff to work for me.
I couldnt even figure out where to begin.

Heres my question (and stuff that is relevant):

Assuming that my GA16i engine could pull all the way to the redline (which it can't right now) in third gear, what is the top speed that the car could reach?

My car max's out at 165km/h pulling about 4000RPM.

I have a GA16i that redlines at 6200. I also have a 3 Speed Automatic. Gear 3 I believe has a ratio of 1.000 and it has a final drive ratio of 3.476 .

Also to make it simpler, i would ignore any wind resistance, drag or friction.

-Nick

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I had the GA16i and 5 speed, I was able to slowly creep to the indicated 105 mph on the speedo with 13" stockers. After going to 16's I was only able to muster a wopping 98 mph. I then shortly took the motor and threw it away. ;)
John

·
Registered
163 Posts
i went a 100mph then blew a timing chain, word of advice dont go over 90mph if you over 150,000, mine had 186,000

the i got a new motor GA15 workin out nice

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
in my 4door b12 with a stock e16s i managed to go over the 105 indicated on the speedo. i dontknow how fast i was going but id guess 115 or so and that thing was screamin. i think i might have also had wind from behind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The question?

sentrastud said:
Hey, I know that people come on here to get a break from school and stuff but maybe someone could put all of those physics formulas and stuff to work for me.
I couldnt even figure out where to begin.

Heres my question (and stuff that is relevant):

Assuming that my GA16i engine could pull all the way to the redline (which it can't right now) in third gear, what is the top speed that the car could reach?

My car max's out at 165km/h pulling about 4000RPM.

I have a GA16i that redlines at 6200. I also have a 3 Speed Automatic. Gear 3 I believe has a ratio of 1.000 and it has a final drive ratio of 3.476 .

Also to make it simpler, i would ignore any wind resistance, drag or friction.

-Nick
Let's just assume your rate of speed is proportional to RPM (remember KISS) then you should see on your speedo 255.75km/h at 6200 rpm

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can get my car to 110 going down hill...

Whats this about not going over 100 with more then 150k? I've got 189k...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
did a full tune up on my ga16i and my car cranks right up and pegs out on the trip meter peg in 4th even cus i blew out 5th after i did my axewls i forgot to ad fluid and beat on it for a week and when it started kicken out then i started kicken myself and added some fluid, but it was too late, never the less she still cranks but with less mpg

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Slacky said:
did a full tune up on my ga16i and my car cranks right up and pegs out on the trip meter peg in 4th even cus i blew out 5th after i did my axewls i forgot to ad fluid and beat on it for a week and when it started kicken out then i started kicken myself and added some fluid, but it was too late, never the less she still cranks but with less mpg
125 clocked by a state trooper but completely gutted only seats were in car no a/c, excess metal all gone gutted cat, no hood

Don

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
sweeeet plus i have se-r rims on my car so at that high of speed theres a slight difference in accuracy so im probebly goin a smidge faster than i realize

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
mille-16i said:
This is a sad thread all of us bragging about going just a tad over 100mph we should all now hang our heads in shame.
Ha! It really is all relative, isn't it?

Yup, I never took the Sentra 10/10ths, the fastest was a buck-five, but she still had a little more in her. I've got Ziex's, custom exhuast, Weber on it.

In my 240SX, I got it up to 115 really quick, and then let off before the fuel cut had a chance to cut in.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
125 clocked by a state trooper but completely gutted only seats were in car no a/c, excess metal all gone gutted cat, no hood

Don
btw this was in the b12 not the 240 dunno bout it cuz i only drove it 4 days till it blew up but i hit 120 and i think the fuel cutoff had been previously removed IIRC its 118 right?

Don

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
their aint such a thing as a cut-off into a b12. ive been testing that last year on the 1/4 mile and can be revved up over 8000rpm (dont do it)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
maybe so but if u stay in a gear at a really high rpm to long and then get on it u deff lack enough fuel to keep goin and start to buck, its happend to me a lot when i dick around and keep it in 1st at 35 too long and then get on it real quick before i shift to second

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Slacky said:
maybe so but if u stay in a gear at a really high rpm to long and then get on it u deff lack enough fuel to keep goin and start to buck, its happend to me a lot when i dick around and keep it in 1st at 35 too long and then get on it real quick before i shift to second
I worry about you sometimes What state are you from??

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
astreamk1 said:
I am doubtful that the car is cutting out due to lack of fuel. It's probably due to over revving and causing the valve train to float. :rolleyes:
most probably...dont forget i got the double valve spring in my engine !! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts