Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why does everyone hate nissan so much? You have guys who drive ford mustangs getting accounts, coming into the forum and bashing some pretty interesting discussions. Nissan races honda=some honda guy comes in, opens account and commence to hating. I raced the new altima SE (on the highway); nice car, but the race was over before it started. But I bet no one else will hate on that story (at least from another car company). I've raced many a mustang and haven't lost to one yet (even a supercharged one). The point I'm trying to make is we come here to tell our tales and when someone sees an outsider try to stir stuff up, either report it to a moderator or standup for whomever is getting bashed until something administratively can be done. And just to show my fellow nissaners how confidant I am in my cars, I've seen the rest now where are the vipers:D Call me crazy, insane or cocky, but until I get smoked I could care less about the big horsepower, big name, big price tag whips who come around here picking on low budget folks who drive pocket rockets or do they come around because they've sick and tired of getting smoked by us low budget boyz?..You guys tell me if I'm wrong with this post and if so, I'll delete it.

Dee:mad:

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
I dusted a newer mustang last night... Kid never knew what hit him. After the race when i went to bed, and I thought of all the cars that i've raced in my ride, (which aren't many at all) and the majority of them are mustangs. I find it odd in a small way.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But they still pick on guys that happen to love japanese vehicles. When are they gonna wake and realize that if we all drove mustangs, this world be so plain and boring and this goes for anything else (people, homes, sex, etc). Diversity is the key word here. I'm glad you did smoke 'em:p But you know Opium that that is cruelty to animals (burning the Pony):D ;)

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
good point boost....
i was about to let out allot of anger in that last thread that was closed but

thank God Scott closed it....

the racist comments werre uncalled for as well...that they made...

but i think that what really gets them mad is that little sentra/200sx (or ant import car for that matter)cars beat them all the time...

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
But they still pick on guys that happen to love japanese vehicles.
Thats not all true. Recently i've made friend with a guy at the local Autozone, and he can't get enough of my ride. He drives a newer firebird. Today when i was leaving with a new O2 sensor, (which doesnt fit) I looked up, and he was staring at my car (in a good way) through the shop windows as I was driving away. To me, thats the biggest compliment a V8 head could give an import driver.

thank God Scott closed it....
I thought it was becoming entertaining though with some of the comments. "Like sand in your vagina" and what not. But i'll leave it at that to prevent the continuation of the thread into this thread. Because that would be wrong, and I hate it when threads spill into each other.

N

·
0 Posts
yeah, their comments were racist towards everyone and they were a stereotype.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the way i look at it i got the best of both worlds i have a 95 maxima which has smoked many a mustangs and i have a 72 chevy truck which has also smoked many a mustangs and the truck looks like shit

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Believe it or not guys, it's all about R>E>S>P>E>C>T......I have the highest respect for muscle car lovers who wrench their hearts away building beasts. That's what we americans have come to accept because it was all we had in the past. Now you take a foreign doo-hicky like our cars and our lawnmower engines and make them out accelerate the muscle car boyz, then we should earn some respect as well, too. They fail to understand that they have 8 cylinders and we have 4. They have massive displacements and we have a coke and a smile, but we still don't hate. I think if everyone of us spent the money we spent on our cars building american muscle, we all would probably have 600+hp vehicles (too simple). After seeing what my test bed b12 can do to a 2002 corvette, I don't have a doubt in my mind about building 4cylinder engines. The Vette looked so beautiful behind me with it's 2 yellow eyes, trying it's best to keep pace and the driver realizes your car is [email protected] and give you the thumbs up as you exit the highway and he keeps going. We in the 4cylinder land deserve a break today, but unfortunately we have to prove ourselves and cars 1 ricer/mustang at a time............

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have just as much crap for driving my 72 from the import crowd as i do for driving my maxima for muscle car crowd but i dont let it bother me i just look at the from the rear view mirror.......LOL

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's agreat view ain't it? My girlfriend tells me guys chase her in my SHO everyday. She says she's been tried by guys with mustangs and hondas:( What happened to mazdas, kias, mitsubishis, toyotas and hyundais....Why does it have to be just Honda and the mustangs crowd chasing nissan. Not too many Chevy, porsche, Jaguar enthusiasts, (you guys get my drift) chase down nissan pocket rockets trying to find some action. Why don't the mustang boys pick on corvettes (I thought so). And sad when a rust bucket B12 seperates itself from a 2001 cobra with all the bells and whistles from a starting speed of over 90mph (quick work), but it's even cooler when the guy realizes he got tested, lost and gives you that smile like (you sneaky devil). I'm not saying my car is the baddest on the street, but I drive it like it is and the one I drive is not even the big boy (my own B12). I give up on them, guys...............

·
Banned
34 Posts
you dont see alot of kids driving porches or expensive cars. do you? and one more point i wanna make clear, why make you car a REASON to hate others?? man its just away of trasportation. and ones who wanna show off or drag, theres always the tracks. too bad todays movies affect our youths minds, everyone in my HS wanna be vin deisel. they all have LOUD shits and altezzas and decals. trust me ive been over seas to many countries and no one there even bother spending a penny on mods. lets all do something good and stop hate cuz he drives some car you dont like.

M

·
0 Posts
It was wrong of those Stang guys to post hate on your board.
But I know where they are coming from.

When that guy posted that downshifting was cheating, it reinforces an ugly image that is staining alot of the "real" import racing crowd. There are more than a few imports running around that fit this bill:

Always zinging in and out of traffic, but not getting anywhere.
Racing stickers on their stock car.
Loud exhaust on a stock, slow engine.
Knows nothing about cars.
Doesn't "really" race, just street-races.
Etc.

I respect any quick car with an experienced driver behind the wheel. No, I won't race a stock Civic on the freeway in heavy traffic. If you're cool, I'll race you at the dragstrip, or a deserted stretch of road.

To you guys who race your cars at the track, and try to get the most you can outta your cars, I salute you! To the "posers", buy a clue.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Dyno'd, AutoX'd, Dragraced, and ticketed before first payment."
Is McRat a trooper or what?
oh yeah i have also gotten more "ricer fly bys"by mustang owners
Oh yeah and speaking of fly-by's, I got one this morning, but I'll tell that story in another thread. I do realize that some of these guy/girls are inexperienced or just talking out of the side of their necks, but instead of bashing them we should try and school them and if they continue to tell tales and unnerving stories, then we should discipline them;) I feel if we can look past the different vehicles we all drive and just enjoy the game, we would all be fabulous:D (I know I'm asking for alot, but I have the right to dream).

·
Doug "The Shoe"
852 Posts
What ever happened to driving for fun? Why does it all (or most of it anyway) have to be about racing with everybody? I get along just fine with everone else on the road... Honda drivers, Mustangers, the Mazda crowd etc...

I mean, I was driving this evening.. the sun had fully set, and it was raining lightly. I was heading home from a friend's house which was roughly a 30 minute drive over a highway. I just took it easy... enjoyed the sounds of the road, the lights, the feel of the night. I had music lightly playing in the background and I truly felt relaxed. It was the most enjoyable ride home ever.

I've only raced a few times... but neither of those races could compare with how I felt tonight. I can't explain it, really.

There's no reason to rag on someone for having a certain car (UNLESS it's a Gas guzzling people-killing S.U.V.) nor for making their car look a certain way. If you want to race someone, then do it at a track... leave the roads for the people who want to get to their destination in one piece.

McRat, I agree with you. But it's like everything else. There's going to be a small handful of people who give the rest a bad image. Personally I HATE people who zig in and out of traffic. With experience you realize that you just have to see which lane's moving, and know what's ahead to get somewhere the fastest.

Just let people find a car they like, and do what they like with it... if it's faster than yours, big deal. What're cars for? Moving people from one location to another in a fairly low amount of time. I just think some people take their driving (or racing) too seriously. Now what was the thread topic again? :)

Anyway, my neighbour's got a newer mustang. Nice car, sure beats the crap outta my Pulsar.

Ahh well... Cheers

·
Banned
34 Posts
i agree with all you guys. u guys are decent drivers and i respect your words. awesome. but u cant change the attitudes of those teenagers with either cheap cars or cars bought by their families (hondas mostly) who are under the influence of racing movies? personally iv seen enought of them and in my town, hundreds os teenagers who just got thier permits die every month from car accidents, and guess what, they drive hondas. and the bad thing about it is that they noy only killed themselves, they killed everyone in the car. including thier cousins and school buddies. it happens every week man, not kiddin. you know what. fuck them. let the animals wipe themselves . the world might be a better place to live without them. if they are old enough to drive a vehicle, then they are old enough to be responsible for thir actions. bye

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hundreds os teenagers who just got thier permits die every month from car accidents, and guess what, they drive hondas.
This is so true here in south florida. On the news you always here "deadly drag race " which involved some honda product. Back in the day it used to be the mustang boyz killing themselves at an alarming rate. I had a friend with 92 mustang coupe dropping over 600hp to the wheels in his daily driver with no power steering. I took my car to his shop to get something welded only to find out that my 23yr old, very talented mustang driving friend was killed in a single car accident off I-95 because he went too fast on an on-ramp which was circular and the butt of the car got away; sent him spinning off the ramp and into a tree where I was told he was dead upon impact. Not too many if any nissan related deaths around here. Clearly, mustangs and hondas (in general) have the high casket count. "Drive Safely"???????????

Z

·
0 Posts
Welcome McRat, and good post. I don't think "everybody hates Nissans..." it's just that Nissan hasn't done a good job of making cars people drool over, with the exception of the Z cars, basically. the SE-R was the absolute king of the hill in its class between 91 and 94 considering all factors... power, price, weight, handling, everything. But they hardly sold any SE-Rs, relative to regular Sentras. The general public either didn't know about them or didn't know they were different than every other Sentra. Great car, but not good for Nissan's image.

This is now starting to change, and the 350Z and the G35 are doing most of the work there. Most people I talk to have a lot of respect for the G35, especially if they've driven one. The Altima is partly responsible too, even if it suffers from "SE-R syndrome"... thousands of people buy the 2.5 liter Altima every month, but not very many buy the hot rod 3.5 liter V6 version.

And the other thing is that while the general public still doesn't know about the SE-R, word has been getting around in real performance circles over the last ten years as people have discovered how turbo friendly it is. A couple people even proved you can build a 10 second (and I mean a LOW 10 second) SE-R in your back yard because the motor takes to it so well, and the parts are available now.

If you want to be noticed, buy a Civic and put a triple decker wing on it. I prefer the ninja approach myself - Strike hard and fade away into the night... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts