Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even know it was a Megan part I was getting until it got here.

And here you can see the resonator built into the test pipe.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It is a replacment for the restictive catilitic convertor. But keep in mind I am quite sure that Fleck is only using this for off road purposes...Lol Very nice I want one to,for drag racing that is lol...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hmm I would be willing to bet it sure won't sound like my 462 Poncho....... No matter though I am into opening up the intake and exhaust for mpg's and anuthing that comes with it. One thing though I refuse to hang one of those fart can's off the back....Anyone know if there is a redilly available exhaust system out there yet for the 1.6??

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if by ricey you mean like a fart can, i don't know yet but it can't be worse than open downpipe. $50 on ebay. i'd have installed it already but my downpipe's flange took some banging so i can't. headers run all the way to the cat, right? i'm thinking i'll just save up and get headers in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmm I would be willing to bet it sure won't sound like my 462 Poncho....... No matter though I am into opening up the intake and exhaust for mpg's and anuthing that comes with it. One thing though I refuse to hang one of those fart can's off the back....Anyone know if there is a redilly available exhaust system out there yet for the 1.6??
I am gonna do a 2 1/4" magnaflow exhaust on mine. The guy doing it says it sounds good and not ricey. I am gonna buy a header first but not sure which one yet...

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !!
259 Posts
if by ricey you mean like a fart can, i don't know yet but it can't be worse than open downpipe. $50 on ebay. i'd have installed it already but my downpipe's flange took some banging so i can't. headers run all the way to the cat, right? i'm thinking i'll just save up and get headers in a couple weeks.
Alrighty then. good luck with the rest !

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im, pretty sure there is a pipe that connects the manifold to the cat. Not sure if any header for this car goes all the way to the cat. DIving under the car after it cools down anyways so will take a couple of pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stopped by this privately owned muffler shop that me and my dad have had a lot of work done at and that is what he recommended doing. He quoted me $240 to do catback.

·
Registered
313 Posts
See if you can find out where he bought it from,it would be a whole lot cheaper installing it your self! Not to mention a piece of Cake!

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Im, pretty sure there is a pipe that connects the manifold to the cat. Not sure if any header for this car goes all the way to the cat. DIving under the car after it cools down anyways so will take a couple of pics.
hmm, damn, i'm pretty worried about the headers not replacing the downpipe... it appears that they do though, the headers are shaped like an L, about 3 feet down and 3 feet across, 3 feet appears to be the length of the downpipe...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah but there is another pipe that connects the 1 piece header to the cat. The stock manifold is 2 pieces plus the pipe. Its a simple like 1' pipe. Can be used with it or prob get one made at a exhaust shop. All you need are the connectors.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts