Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(repost from b15sentra.net....trying to get as much feedback/information as possible)

well, since all other plans HAVE fallen through, i'll be keeping the sentra (hooray?). well, to start things off (again)...i really do wish i'd paid a bit more and gotten the car stick to start with. i've been debating about actually doing the swap for a long time now, and i'm finally in a position (financially) where i can afford it. so here goes.

i'm primarily looking for Chimmike's input here, since he is the XE/GXE god. (dammit man unblock me on AIM :()

i need an idea for a parts list for the swap, and possible problems i might run into....my biggest concern is the current auto-tragic tranny's ECU. if this is disconnected, or taken out completely, is my ECU going to attempt suicide? (i hafta ask lol....i've seen ECUs take a dump for much less)

and i'm trying to put together a parts list. i've got a basic one started, but seeing as i'm not entirely familiar with the mechanical bits of a 5speed QG18 setup, i need some help.

the list (so far, i'll edit and add as people post)

QG18 5speed transmission (can be had locally for about $250)
QG18 flywheel
QG18 clutch
QG18 t/o bearing? (comes with clutch?)
QG18 clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder (and all applicible lines)
clutch fluid resevoir?
clutch pedal assembly (is there a predrilled hole for this? anyone know?)
narrower brake pedal (this is probably an easy one, i'll prob just gind down the pedal thats in there now)
shifter assembly (THIS IS WHAT I NEED HELP WITH) -- includes the plastic/metal box that bolts to the floorpan, where the shifter and all those other little bits are bolted inside)
whatever connects the shifter to the transmission (i know the spec's are a cable shifter, what about the QGs?)

i'm not sure what else i forgot. if anyone has a haynes/chiltons manual, could you scan this part for me? i had a copy of the FSM in my favorites, from SouthernShift.com, but the links no longer work.

thanks

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
Nobody has a book on any sentra with the QG yet. I would try again at www.southernshift.com for the FSM. Swapping auto to manual I've heard is a very difficult process. You'd be better off selling the car and buying a manual in my opinion. Its your time and money though... good luck!

edit: The gear shift is connected to the trans via a shift and support rod, not by cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Done It! Its possible

Hey I'm Kirk from Trinidad, for those who do not know where that is.... in the Caribbean

a month ago I went from HyperCVT to Manual with no headache at all.... YOU GO BUDDY, do your swap, you seem to be on the right track

By the way I'm loving it!!!

Actually the only problem I am getting is a cut at 5000rpm and for some reason my sport light is flashing after i start my vehicle... if anyone knows if this is normal or a problem It will be greatly appreciated, other than that my Primera Wagon on 18s runs great!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I carried my car to do a diagnostic check and the only error Im getting which explains the loss of some power and the sport light blinking is the the park/neutral switch is off or something along those lines... so when you swapping get a good electrician to wire up things properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts