Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts
SilverStallion said:
If you know so much why do you drive a sentra? You might read a lot of magazines, but until you've actually heard a certain sub, dont go by what you read in mags. Its not all about spl, im more into the frequency that the whole setup plays at. I like low bass and I listen to a lot of R&B so normal cone area is all I need. And your right about the 1200 watts. That there tells me you know what your doing. So the point is not to out do you in knowledge, because I go by ear and not what all the magazines say. It sounds like you have more time to read than I do. Anyway, have fun with your sentra.
I know so much because I take the time to research my hobbies, and no I don't do it through magazines....I'm also a year away from a BS in electrical engineering. I drive a sentra because it's a fun, reliable car...and wtf does that have to do with anything? It's also a $3.5k system in a $12k car. What else would I buy for $15.5k? Nothing that I would want, I'd rather have my car than anything that's available in that price range.

Besides, audio is my hobby, I like to spend money on my hobbies. I have about $1000 into headphones and headphone equipment, and I'm waiting until I have a permanent residence before I move into home audio, but for now I have a ~$900 home setup with a pair of Adire towers and an ex-car audio sub. You can say what you want about what I choose to spend my money on, but it's my choice. I didn't question what you spend your money on or why, I just questioned the validity of your recommendation, which you weren't able to defend or justify rationally. Instead you turned the thread into a damn pissing match, really exhibiting the maturity that you've gained from your "11 years of experience"....

· Red line chaser
884 Posts
I've never understood how someone could come on a forum and bash the cars that the vast majority of the members have. Just doesn't make much sense and it opens you up to a lot of flaming. It won't matter HOW much knowledge and skill you may have, it will be simply disregarded due to the blatantly ignorant statement that was made earlier on.

In regards to that Pioneer sub, it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be. If that sub had come out say 3-5 years ago, it may be regarded higher, but going by it's features and specs, it's about average in the full spectrum of subwoofers. For the same money, you can get a sub with much better excursion that will play louder and lower with better overall sound quality. Easy.

· Registered
34 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
matt93se
in the second pic where did you manage to put the subs, ok now on to better things.
every system that ive had ive peiced together from hand me downs and stuff that i could afford at the time, right now im running the stock headunit with RCA adapters a kenwood EQ that ive had since 93' along with a lanzar 800 watt 4 channel amp i got last year and a pair of hand me down MTX 10 subs that i just got from my best friend (my last pair of subs were a set of RF 8's) it might not win any awards but it sounds good to me for what i am working with(no distorsion,alt wine) almost forgot the RF 6.5's that i got from a guy on another board that i belong to. The trunk looks like a bunch of multicolored snakes but i'll trim that issue up when it gets warmer(or the wife runs out of things for me to do :( ) , so i dont knock anyones system or car because i fell that they have it for one reason or another and they'll upgrade when they see fit..

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
His car is an SE...that means it has a SR20 in it (hence his sn). Before anyone comes to a board and knocks on a car, they should at least know a bit about engines and obviously the thread starter does not. Derrrr...SR20's car has only one of the most reliable and mod friendly engines out thur...hmmm. And trust me, the more you argue Mr. Demon pertaining to audio knowledge, the more stupid you will look. :p

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Man!! You guys have way too much time on your hands. Why dont you guys get out of your parents house or your trailers and get a job. You guys are ridiculous. Everything was taken the wrong way. Either way im not worried. Instead of spending money on something that loses value, maybe you guys need to buy something worth buying, like a house and some better cars. Talk about stupid!!!

· Banned
5,533 Posts
SilverStallion said:
Man!! You guys have way too much time on your hands. Why dont you guys get out of your parents house or your trailers and get a job. You guys are ridiculous. Everything was taken the wrong way. Either way im not worried. Instead of spending money on something that loses value, maybe you guys need to buy something worth buying, like a house and some better cars. Talk about stupid!!!

I'd have my 1987 300ZX anyday than a 2000 Frontier.

· Whoa...
8,595 Posts
SilverStallion said:

are you fucking kidding me? i dont live at home, i have 2 trucks and a motorcyle, plenty of people here own way more then you ever will, just because your misinformed ass cant see straight, dont go bitching that other people are stupid! you came here remember... :rolleyes:

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
SilverStallion said:
What is your net worth?

· Red line chaser
884 Posts
SilverStallion said:
You've gotta be kidding me. You really need to check yourself.

It's better for us to just think you're dumb than for you to open your mouth and prove us right. It doesn't matter what someone chooses to spend their money on, IT'S THEIR MONEY! Spend yours the way you want to.

By the way, I actually do own a house and have 4 cars sitting out front. Maybe you're the one who is in need of stepping up your choice in vehicle and living arrangements. I spend my money on a number of hobbies. If you actually could contribute some intelligent info and get off your high and mighty attitude, things would go a lot easier. Recognize that there are others who have more knowledge and experience on this topic of audio than you, judging by the responses gathered thus far. There's a lot of knowledge on this forum if you know how to tap into it.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You know what? I just looked over some of the things that I just wrote and you know that I even pissed off myself. For what this is worth, im really sorry about everything I've said. My wife is having complications in her pregnancy and I havent been myself lately. I'm usually a nice guy. But sometimes my stress level is off the scale. So I come on here and try to relax my mind. Its about 11:20 pm and I havent slept in about 2 days now. So I'm trying to do the manly thing here and say i'm sorry. Please forgive me. And yeah I forgot to take my medication. LoL

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
SilverStallion said:
You know what? I just looked over some of the things that I just wrote and you know that I even pissed off myself. For what this is worth, im really sorry about everything I've said. My wife is having complications in her pregnancy and I havent been myself lately. I'm usually a nice guy. But sometimes my stress level is off the scale. So I come on here and try to relax my mind. Its about 11:20 pm and I havent slept in about 2 days now. So I'm trying to do the manly thing here and say i'm sorry. Please forgive me. And yeah I forgot to take my medication. LoL
Been there man, been there. I wish you all the best and hope everything works out! No harm no foul!

· Gotta Represent
549 Posts
the true reason that people get a nissan, is not becaue it is a honda, but because the people on nissan forums are so damn nice and forgiving. :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

· RAWRscareh
742 Posts
SilverStallion said:

problem is, a houses and cars are terrible investments. you put FAR more into them than you ever get out

i dont have much time on my hands, thats why i post early morning or late at night. you go to college full time, work 45+ hrs a week, making $30/hr with my commission, then come home, do hw, chill with the gf, find some time to eat, then go to the gym, then shower, then sleep.....there just arent enough hours in the day

i dont appreciate the "its only a sentra" comment. its a $15,000 car. i bought what i could afford at the time. considering im 19, im making damn good money, and with few expenses (phone, insurance, car's paid off, savings)....i AM buying a new car, probably next summer, when i'll have the money aside to pay for it cash, on the spot @ the dealership....

btw, thanks to those who sorta defended me. i do appreciate it :)

stallion, i think you need to re-evaluate your position here. you can leave peacefully, and still have access to the forums for informational purposes (believe me, this place is a lifesaver when it comes to technical info about anything Nissan)....or you can continue to be an ignorant jackass, and probably be banned from here permanently

you posted a comment that is arguable at best. you've obviously never heard an Adire Audio Brahma subwoofer, or a set of CDT components. you're pretty much comparing filet mignon (adire) to a boca burger. there is no comparison. pioneers sound alright to someone who knows nothing about audio, when its set up in a tinyass box in a large, unobstructed room. as you may (or may not?) know, car's are incredibly difficult to set up proper sound stages in. take the advice that a few have given you. it wont kill you to admit you havent heard a better setup (thats the problem here. its not that you're wrong, its that your opinion is VERY narrowminded. you cant compare pioneer to Adire, RE, Diamond, or CDT)

i'm done. i've accepted the fact that you're too ignorant to accept others opinions. i hope (for your own sake) that changes someday

edit** ... dammit. i started typing this, it woulda been RIGHT after his second response, now it's like 6 or 7 after. anyways. i guess in the time it took me to write this, he's turned full circle? hmm, oh well. best of luck to the family stallion. and if you honestly wanna shoot the shit about audio, hit me up on AIM. im always up for a good arguement

· Red line chaser
884 Posts
SilverStallion said:
It's all good. At least you made the effort and offered an apology. Props on that.

I understand your position. Over this past weekend, my best friend's wife just miscarried due to complications from her pregnancy. I feel bad and I really can't imagine how I'd feel if I were in the same position. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and hopefully a healthy baby.

· Banned
5,533 Posts
Put it this way. I don't care what kind of car anyone owns.

If you buy a new car. Lets just say 50K. You can drive straight to the used car dealership and they'll give you 20 for it;)

If you want to invest in something, get a Mantiwoc crane. Those beotchs multiply their value a bunch in 20 years...

No biggy though, I've blown up a couple times, sometimes it's best.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.