Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts
Me thinks someone needs to get out and hear more setups, that sub isn't very impressive at all.

normal cone area, incredibly small excursion, and a high price tag. About the only thing that sub has that ones costing half as much don't is a small mounting depth and small required box size. Other than that it's nothing special, it can't handle much power, it can't displace much air...most 10's will get louder than that, and just about any 12 in existance will as well. Keep in mind, it will sound louder in the shop because there's zero background noise and no crappy car acoustics cancelling everything out.

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts
I dont need to hear more setups.
:rolleyes:

I've been into car audio for 11 years and i've won my share of trophies
congradulations

so I know what i'm doing
length of experience hardly dictates knowledge or skill

But anyway about this woofer. It handles 1200 watts!!
that comment alone shows that you don't know what you're talking about. That's a 300 watt sub, the 1200 peak rating is marketing propaganda that has absolutely no relation to how much power the sub can take at any one instant or continuous, or how loud it can get.

Ive heard all the subs out there, kicker, JL, pioneer, Kenwood, you name it I've heard it
it sounds like you've heard everything at car toys/tweeter, but you do realize there is a world outside of the local crap right? Do the names Sinfoni, Genesis, or Butler ring a bell? Or how about less exotic companies like DLS, Tru, Brax, or Rainbow? If not you may want to pull your head out of the clouds and open your eyes.

Just because the cone doesnt travel far doesnt mean it doesnt hit hard
in a sealed box, like the one you were referring to in your first post, the displacement of the cone has EVERYTHING to do with output, it is the sole dictator of output in fact, nothing else has any impact except for room/car acoustics, which will be the same for every sub you stick in there. In a ported setup, provided you have the power required to push the sub to full excursion then again, displacement is the most important factor in SPL. If you don't have the kilowatts required to do this around tuning then it depends more on the cone area and motor force, but the cone area of that sub is no different than any other 12" sub and the motor force is actually weaker than most of the other mainstream subs out there.

Do more research before you knock something.
you could say I've done that

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts

· ^ ownz you all ^
3,183 Posts
SilverStallion said:
If you know so much why do you drive a sentra? You might read a lot of magazines, but until you've actually heard a certain sub, dont go by what you read in mags. Its not all about spl, im more into the frequency that the whole setup plays at. I like low bass and I listen to a lot of R&B so normal cone area is all I need. And your right about the 1200 watts. That there tells me you know what your doing. So the point is not to out do you in knowledge, because I go by ear and not what all the magazines say. It sounds like you have more time to read than I do. Anyway, have fun with your sentra.
I know so much because I take the time to research my hobbies, and no I don't do it through magazines....I'm also a year away from a BS in electrical engineering. I drive a sentra because it's a fun, reliable car...and wtf does that have to do with anything? It's also a $3.5k system in a $12k car. What else would I buy for $15.5k? Nothing that I would want, I'd rather have my car than anything that's available in that price range.

Besides, audio is my hobby, I like to spend money on my hobbies. I have about $1000 into headphones and headphone equipment, and I'm waiting until I have a permanent residence before I move into home audio, but for now I have a ~$900 home setup with a pair of Adire towers and an ex-car audio sub. You can say what you want about what I choose to spend my money on, but it's my choice. I didn't question what you spend your money on or why, I just questioned the validity of your recommendation, which you weren't able to defend or justify rationally. Instead you turned the thread into a damn pissing match, really exhibiting the maturity that you've gained from your "11 years of experience"....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.