Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have driven the older Qashqai (called the Dualis in Australia) and really like it: comfortable, a perfect size for me, looks great and the new styling is really appealing, however, we are pretty frustrated by the lack of a diesel in Australia. So many other brands are producing diesels here for the market and I heard a radio show the other day talking about the low uptake of hybrids and the massive growth in sales of diesels (on 774 radio) here. I think Nissan are dropping the ball on this, as other brands are racing to get diesels out to compete in the same marketplace. The other really odd aspect of all of this is that I have read that they think there's no real demand for diesel - but in Australia, you can't even send Nissan an email asking about it, you have to either contact a dealer or write them a snail mail. Pretty odd and not what a consumer expects in 2010, I reckon!
How long should I put off purchasing a new car, when I can't get what I really want (a diesel Dualis) because Nissan won't say 'when'?? I am prepared to sit and wait and hope that my old car keeps going...:lame:

·