Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your average highway and city MPG, as well as your truck model/engine/year

Lets see what the averages are

Im doing this because a guy who owns a 92 toyota 2wd standard cab claims 28mpg average.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
97 HB 2wd, stock everything/recent tuneup

only city measureable so far, 18mpg..BLEH!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
its true i had a 94 toyota 2wd i got 28-30 mpg then i had a 93 toy 4wd it got 17 now i have a 95 nissan 4wd 4cyl 5sp standard cab i get 18-20 combined mostly hwy miles

·
Registered
96 Posts
alot of this depends on altitude, age of vehicle, gas used (quality) How you shift, idle time, warm up time, over 65 on freeway, night time driving blah blah blah.. etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
93 HB 2.4 5sp 4x4 running 31x10.50 r15 tires
Sits up pretty high, think it has a factory lift.

I get about 17 mpg out of mine, blah
kinda sucks but thats the price to pay for runnin big tires on a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is a 95 4x4 v6 auto all stock

I get about 17 mpg highway and about 15 mpg city. Driving style is both grandma and leadfoot clown.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, this leads me to think something is wrong with mine, 4 cyl HB 2wd single cap, all new ign components, premium gas, easy driving, 17-18mpg...

·
Registered
96 Posts
forget the premium gas, you are wasting your money and I would even go so far as to say you are losing mileage as the engine can't burn it that easily so you might be using more than you have to.

And you will not get more than 21 in that truck.. too many things working against it. Its also not a very economical motor anyways ( at least not from a mpg perspective) Wasn't designed to be so.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I DONT need premium? Good to hear, the books kind of comfusing on that, must use 87 AKI or 91 RON. Well, 87 and 91 are reg and premium in this state, and i cant find AKI or RON on the pumps!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, BTW, asked a 2wd/king cab frontier owner at work, he gets around 20-21, but he is INSANELY obsessed with fuel mileage, so he drive to match, and he has the uber efficient (compared to our iron lumps) QR25DE.

·
Registered
96 Posts
87 is the average between RON ( 91) and MON ( 83) ron is research octane and mon is motor octane.

AKI is anti knock index and is the correct abbreviation to look for.

look on the little yellow square with the 87 number on it.. you will see R+M/2 or something like that..

and his QR25DE is a direct descendant of our KA24E motor and although its more efficient it weighs alot more, is a bigger motor AND truck and has more smog stuff on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I average 23 MPG if I keep it on 55 MPH. I have a 1997 single cab 4wd, 5sp, 4 cyl. and drive an average of 100 miles round trip a day to work. This truck has 175000 miles on it and while I change the oil religiously it hasn't been tuned up in about 2 years. This is based on all hwy. miles driven in the mountains of N.C. Once I get up over 60 MPH I find the mileage goes to about 19 MPG. I had a 1983 toyota 4x4 that averaged 28 MPG but that was in the day when these trucks were built more for economy and less for power. I drove like an old lady out of necessity because of the $4.00 per gallon gas prices we experianced this summer. I do it now because I think it became a habit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I get 20mpg no matter what I do on average, but when I'm running 85mph on the interstate, its about 18... can't complain with about 175K miles
and doesn't burn oil

94 HB Kingcab V6 4x4

1 - 20 of 36 Posts