Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think on this one? I had an old battery in my car, and last night was the night it decided to go on me. I'm driving home from work and I'm at a light. My RPMs jump down to 200-300 and the car just dies. I could not get the car started back up, so after getting home, I went out and bought a new battery for the car, and had it put in this morning. We try starting the car up after the new battery was put in, and the car is cranking, but I could not get the car to start. So i know the battery is fine, and initially, it started up fine before it died. We called up a few shops and some of them are saying it may be a sensor in the computer on the car that I blew? Do any of you guys know what one of these may run?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good Chance your battery failed because your altenator was going down, and when the altenator went down it took a couple of fuses with it. Start by checking all of your fuses and you might want to take that altenator off and have autozone check it for ya. Good Luck!

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Well gonna need some more info on the problem. Was the car running fine up til you stopped and the rpms dropped and the car died? If so then that is evident that it ain't the alternator or the battery cause you should have had the battery light come on before it died if the alternator was going and as you run low on juice stuff in the car will start to shut off like the radio which is ussually the first. Then the air bag light will come on, speedo dies, and last is the motor shuts off. Basically if these simptoms didn't preceed the car dying then most likely the alternator and battery arent the problem. Was there anything strange about the way the car ran right before, that day, or even up to a couple days beforehand? Have you checked the basics like plugs, wires, all hoses, etc? Give us as much info as you can to help us pinpoint this. The ecu is a possibility but so are a lot of other things too. Start with the cheap stuff cuz no sense in getting something expensive if you don't have to.

Mitch

·
Registered
450 Posts
How old is your fuel filter? I know I had problems once mine was dirty. Are you getting plenty of fuel to the plugs? Hopefully it is not a fuel pump. :) I hear that they can just give out all at once.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, brought the car into the shop after the new battery was changed. They thought it may be a fuse. They ran a diagnostic on the car and everything checked out fine. They looked at the fuel filter and electronics..everything seems fine. They thought it was a fuel line freeze up, and put in some dry gas. I had the car back for a few hours and it did the same thing. They look at it this morning, figures it would start up fine. But when I come back to get it, it doesn't start. They are really puzzled with the whole thing. :asleep:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My NX200 did the SAME EXACT THING i changed the alternator and everything is just fine now, except there was an extra wire that i dunno where it goes and am currently looking for where it goes but everything other than that is fine now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts