Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving home and see a 200 sx at a little dealer in my town. I stop and look at it, and it is de-badged. So, I look at the back wheels and see that it has 4 wheel disc-brakes (se-r).
Since I have a 200 sx SE, I would love to have the SE-R instead. I ask the person how much it is and she says "$4,500"
OK, ITS A 96' 200 SX SE-R WITH 96,000 MILES ON IT, AND THEY ONLY WANT $4,500!!!!
this car is perfect: no body damage, tinted windows, seemed to run great. 5 speed. AND ITS BLACK !!! ;) sunroof
How much do you think this car is worth, and PLEASE convince my dad that it is a great deal ;)
thanks

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 97 sx se cost me like $4,700 a year ago.
The SE-R has less miles and cost $4,500
The engine looked great, the body was nice... This deal seems too good to be true.
I looked on auto-trader and, the average price for a 96 se-r was around $6,500.
If I could get a loan, i would get it RIGHT NOW

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I paid 7 grand for my 96 SE-R with 110k miles on it two months ago...

(thats for your dad to read)

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's a steal. The engine has only lived a half of its life. BUY IT NOW!!! Don't forget call Geico !!!

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt im getting it... So, if anyone is near Western NC come pay the car a visit... haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
so what is the name of the dealership? do they have a website, or what is the phone number address? that might be worth a visit.....even though im several hundred miles away....

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smoky Mountain Motors
Dean Bello
2815 W. US 64
Murphy, NC 28906

828-837-7100

car info:
1996 Nissan 200 SX SE-R
color- black
mileage- 96,000 +/-
trans- 5 speed manual

looked like it was in great shape, i cranked it, and it puured nicely ;)
I asked the guy about a trade on my 200 sx se, and he was reluctant on a trade. I HOPE he can; thats the only way i can get it.
peace.
Damn, I re-read this post, and I SHOULD GET INTO THE USED CAR BUSINESS... all i need to do is work on my LYING ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I paid 4500 dollars for my 96' 200sx se with 108,000 miles but everything was in great condition i think i got mine at a good deal and now your getting the bigger engine option and less miles for the same price, NOT FAIR! no thats awesome im just playing go for it!

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
I got my 96 ser with 56k for 6200 from a lady..totally babied..it was her 2nd car...now its my project!!! it took me 4 months to find the deal and the car i wanted with the sunroof & 5sp..hard to find 5 spds in mid-west.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a great deal at a Toyota dealer a little more than a month ago...1995 SE-R, moonroof, really good condition and only 43k miles...$6000.

I found 2 other SE-R's for $6000...one had 101k, the other had 83k...both were downtown in Chicago at shady little dealers. I didn't even feel safe going there.

The other ones that I saw were much more expensive...a 97 at a local reputable dealer for $9000 with 73k, and one with about 60k at a local Nissan dealer for....$11000! Hah...I feel sorry for the person who bought that one...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts