Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im wondering if someone can help me with a CAI. Whats the best CAI around for around $250? I live in the uk and it rains alot so i will need an intake bypass valve. Will the bypass valve work 100% or will i be needing a new engine after a 5 minute drive in the rain. Im stuck on wether to get a CAI or a short ram air filter. Someone please help.

Thanks

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Dave-
You're in luck. I am selling my AEM cold air intake, powdercoated Red, for $250, shipped free. In my opinion, AEM is the best application out right now, their dyno figures showed +10 hp and +10 ft/lbs ot torque at the wheels. If you have any questions, you can get ahold of me at [email protected].

P.S. In my opinion, you really don't need a bypass valve. AEM sells one for their intakes, and you're more than welcome to purchase it, but I have seen no need for it. I live in Michigan, and we get out fair share of rain here, and I have never had a problem. Sport Compact Car magazine did a test on one a little more than a year back, and though they found it to be effective, you don't need it at all unless your filter is completely submerged in a deep puddle of water. It's up to you, but e-mail me and let me know. Hope this helps-BEN

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i recommend HS CAI. they make nice stuff for the sr20de and just buy a bypass valve with it.

i can ship to UK but u gonna hafta set up the shipping company yourself via email which i will give you when u purchase.

let me know ok.

thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have Injen on my SE-R and I think it works great!!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i have been told that the AEM CAI adds 10 HP. Does anyone know what WHP the HS CAI and the Injen CAI?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i'm happy with my hotshot's CAI, i don't think you'll need by-pass valve, the filter is protected pretty good..

K

·
0 Posts
LIUspeed,

Hey man how much can you get a HS CAI for my 96 200SX SER? I'm looking around and all I can find are intakes that cost 250+!!! Help me out man. haha.... Shipping would be to TX also... Lemme know what you can do. thanks

Justin

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi go to motivational.com im getting the CAI for 214 Bucks and the bypass valve for 45 bucks. Id say thats pretty dam good.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SR20D_GTI said:
Hi im wondering if someone can help me with a CAI. Whats the best CAI around for around $250? I live in the uk and it rains alot so i will need an intake bypass valve. Will the bypass valve work 100% or will i be needing a new engine after a 5 minute drive in the rain. Im stuck on wether to get a CAI or a short ram air filter. Someone please help.

Thanks

Dave
The Long AEM intake should make more power than the others, its the only one developed on a dyno.

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most name brand CAI's are gonna add about the same HP. Around 9 to 12 hp. Wether you get a nine or a twelve it isn't going to matter much. Drive better than the other guy and you could have the 9hp and he could have the 12 and you will still take him. I wouldn't worry about the rain unless you drive through a river you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
From what I can remember of the hp numbers, I agree that most the name brands will yield about the same bump, except for Place Racing, which I think came up a couple horse power short. Unless they've updated it - its been out for 4+ years. I'd go w/the AEM if I was shopping today.

- 97 se-r w/Place Racing CAI.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
nx2krider93 said:
Yes i have Injen on mine as well

Great finish and only cost me $200.00 shipped from
www.ptuning.com

and check out www.injen.com for the dyno charts.
how was your experience with this company?

i am also considering getting a CAI for my car(better mileage and more power, why not?)...but i really dont want to take the ebay risk...and their prices are competitive with the sellers on ebay

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hotshot is proven to make the most power, with other breathing mods. There is even more power to be made with a afpr and dyno tuning. Aem makes the most power on a stock car. Mike Kojima has already done these test against all cai setups.

BTW this is the wrong area for this post, as this forum does have an sr20 section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts