Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas. i have a quick ques to ask. i have a cai and wen it gets to about 40 degrees and less(im in ny) my cars temp needle goes a little above C and stays there the whole time unless i drive it real hard and the funny thing is it blows warm air still and somtimes in the winter like 20 and below the needle will go from a little below normal operating temp and back down to C, kinda weird and i cant explain it. Is it the CAI doin this or is somthing wrng wit my baby and isnt the car supposed to make more power wen itz cold?. thnx in advace peeps. holla!!!!!:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
i dont think there's any problem w/ it, or if the CAI is responsible for it... but as long as you're running w/ enough coolant, i think you should be cool... can an engine run too "cool?"

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
... can an engine run too "cool?"
That reminds me of that old Pro-Long informercial. You know the one where they stick a V8 in a block of ice and are so amazed that when they drain the oil and run the hell outta that poor thing,the temp gauge doesnt move at all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
dropsentra94 said:
Sup fellas. i have a quick ques to ask. i have a cai and wen it gets to about 40 degrees and less(im in ny) my cars temp needle goes a little above C and stays there the whole time unless i drive it real hard and the funny thing is it blows warm air still and somtimes in the winter like 20 and below the needle will go from a little below normal operating temp and back down to C, kinda weird and i cant explain it. Is it the CAI doin this or is somthing wrng wit my baby and isnt the car supposed to make more power wen itz cold?. thnx in advace peeps. holla!!!!!:)
That sounds like the problem with my friends Toyota Tercel... we removed the Thermostat since it was stuck-almost-closed and now the car stays at COLD all the times unless you race it a little and goes a little above C... mine stays at normal temp all the time unless going fast at highway at night and the needle goes to Exact C but it heats up again... maybe you should replace the Thermostat to a new one.... could be stuck open and the coolant always runs...

In my friends car... it raises idle speed when cold to get the engine to op. temp. but it never gets there so the idle is always up a little... mine does that also but only in the morning when cold.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
dropsentra94 said:
it is absolutely not the CAI!! you need a thermostat or the sending unit for the gauge is bad. while you are at it, might as well flush the cooling sytem as well.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
That reminds me of that old Pro-Long informercial. You know the one where they stick a V8 in a block of ice and are so amazed that when they drain the oil and run the hell outta that poor thing,the temp gauge doesnt move at all.
haha! good one!:D gee i wonder why it dont move!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts