Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a bit of background i have to give you first. My 98 altima with 136k just got a tune up and the idler pully replace and the intake valve washers too.... It was spitting a code for a misfire in #4 cylinder... while my mechanic was replacing the pulley he replaced the serpentine belt too. i drove it home and didnt take notice in the fact that it was ideling high, as it has before the tune up. The next day i drove to work and while at a stop light i noticed that my temp gague was sitting on cold... i went to work and when i left later that day it didnt move from cold... not mind you it was 70 degrees... what should i do? might it be just the thermostat? the belt isnt tight? what do you think... anything is helpful.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey I notice I'm like way late with this - but i hope you fixed this. If you haven't take it back to the guy man, your mechanic fucked up. It worked b4 and now it doesn't.
This could be a few things: the temp sensor is unpluged/not working and I'd assume you get an error code for that, or your temp gauge is gone

·
Registered
4 Posts
First thing to do when this happens is check you're water level! No water no temp! then check other thing's, thermostat etc. You can check this while driving: Turn on you're heater if theres hot air coming out then you have (at least) some water. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts