Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone? I am of course new here and have a few questions.

First I want to say I did a few searches and found some good info and there are some smart people on here. I am in Phoenix, run a motorcycle shop and dam a professional motorsports announcer also.

Okay- I am looking at purchasing an 87 SE-V6 4x4 truck for around $2200. It has 162k and runs very well. It drives straight and rides like a truck. has been pretty well taken care of (owner is a customer too). The only issues are an exhuast leak from the LH side (at the manifold/collector gasket?) and some small oil leaks. Oh and no cruise.

The wifey and I own an 01 Xterra with 146k on it and love it to death and we are keeping it.

I guess what i would like to know is:

-Where can I buy or download a factory service manual? (yes I know dealer- keep trying!)

-What should I look out for as far as "leave me stranded in 115 deg weather" parts?

-Where can I find out what options were available (maybe an owners manual?)

-Is there any clearinghouse of info on what parts from what years and models interchange?

I hope to give back some info and help as I hang out here and learn some of this. I am an excellent motorcycle mechanic, pretty decent car mech and am willing to trade labor/parts for locals who can help me when I need it.

Thanks in advance and I am going back to reading more of the archives!

·
Registered
706 Posts
not sure where you can download a service manual....but you can replace the broken studs with new OEMs or upgrade to the larger VQ35 studs. This is a common problem with the VG's.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
there is actually a really good forum in AZ called N4W, here's the link..

Nissan4Wheelers.Com - Nissan 4x4 Enthusiasts

I have a FSM for a 96 HB and 94 Pathy if you are interested, I dont remember where I got the owner's manual for my truck but I did get it on-line.

86.5 to 97 HBs and 86.5 to 95 Pathys pretty much are bolt in. 93 or 94 they changed the dash.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Verify when the timing belt was replaced. If it's due or if you cannot determine when it was done, get it done. They have a 60k interval, and are $$$ unless you do the job yourself. There are alot of extras that get done while the timing belt is off, and is part of the high replacement cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts