Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys i have a 86 300zx non turbo and i would like to add one. how hard would it be how much would it cost and do you guys advise it? also how much power does the car make? its a 5 speed. how much nitrous could the motor handle before it blows? and is there any other manditory upgrades i should know about? the cars bone stock and it only has 49,000 mile on it as far as i can tell it has every option but the turbo. the best part? i got it for 1,800. thanks guys

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
SEARCH

It is pretty easy to swap the turbo essentials on an NA block.
http://www.redz31.com/pages/turbo.html

Car makes 160bhp (at the crank) and if your lucky about 140rwhp.

Depends...It has been said many a time that "Nitrous doesn't blow motors; idiots with Nitrous blow motors"...Now that said I wouldn't advise more then maybe a 75 shot on a stock bottom end if your worrying about reliability.

Basically look here for most mods.
http://www.z31.com/modifications.shtml

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. how hard would it be to put a cd player in it? and would the controls on the steering wheel still work?

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Yeah I hate to gripe, but the "turboing my non-turbo" has been done to death in here, all you'd have to do is search the subject in this particular section. In fact, there may still be a thread about it on at least the first 2 pages.....

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
If you'd like to retain your controls there is a module that is simply wired into your signal from the steering wheel made by PAC that I can get you for like 55 dollars. PM me....or you can get an IR shift knob that is programmable. I don't know the cost I it though- I will have to check

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
0341TODD said:
If you'd like to retain your controls there is a module that is simply wired into your signal from the steering wheel made by PAC that I can get you for like 55 dollars. PM me....or you can get an IR shift knob that is programmable. I don't know the cost I it though- I will have to check
whats an ir shift knob?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts