Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The coils are just way too much for me at over $1000 but wut about the springs--Does anyone know anything about them????

This is from the web page-It doesnt seem right...2.4 in front and and 1.2 in the rear.....I want to know more

NISSAN SENTRA

B14 95-98 STECH SKP16-AUB00
$220.00 3/168
5/280
-2.4 -30

I know we need to have a lower drop up front but 2.4 compared to 1.2!?!?!?!?

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn Pat U seem to be the go to guy here in the Suspension world--You're on just about everythread....lol

SO Im getting the feeling that you think I should go ahead and try these springs...Im gonna try this measuring up thing U mentioned--MAYBE it'll make it easier for me to get them...

I just hate being the Guinea Pig.....uknow

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sel I would luv to get in on a Group Buy but....I dont want to have to wait to have this all setup and then people start backing out and everything.....

I just know I have to get rid of these Arospeed crap coilovers ASAP!!

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess I should take a risk than--I mean I can tell they handle their business right cuz they already have the drops set according to how a Sentra really is

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
barnoun said:
True. When I get suspension, I'll be getting something like 450f, 400r minimum though. If the Teins were at least 200-300f, I was considering them. It's alright though.

Look Im gonna be honest here Im not even sure how this rate thing works really....Barnoun you're saying U would want 450f-400r--That seems like such a big diff. from what these Teins have to offer--BUT

I dont get it---The Teins are 280f and you're saying if they were 200-300f U would consider them...

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah they do bar....http://tein.com/nissan.html

Just go under coil overs and theres a spring set-up section

Now U prob. dont remember me barnoun but when I first got on B15sentra.net U were the one that helped me when I had no idea wut to do about Being stuck with Arospeed coils....Anyways U told me to get rid of them-I didnt listen to that or your suggestion about the B13 strut up front

IM AN IDIOT!!!!!

But if you're giving these the OK along with Pat than Im on my way to ordering...

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Uthink it should be higher right..... I dont even know how this works or wut it means --the rates???

The higer the rate the better right???

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So 168 isnt enuff for a 2.4 drop....It is more than Eibach and I dont think any other Spring really matches up to them--that I know of..

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Arsenal200SX said:
im thinking about dumping my pro-kits for the tein springs....i hate the front fender well gap:p i checked Options auto salon and theyre selling for a pretty decent price i beleive for 165 a set+tax/shipping whatever heres the addy for the page http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...ariation=&aitem=3&mitem=19&back=yes&dept=1438
Ah man I thought when I found them for $180--it was a good price. If I were U I would def. get them Arsenal....esp. since Im too scared to be the first to do it.. ;)

No but seriously that is a good price--I just might have to do it cuz my suspension right now is not only bottoming out but its completly throwing my alignment off....No matter what I try or where I go the car has not been aligned right since I put these Arospeed crap coilovers on--:mad:

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah I noticed that too....I would think they would charge a little more since they are supposed to be of such a higher quality.....BUT Im not complaining...

I just want someone to try them already and post pics!!! :jump:

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
JT200SX-N-FX said:
I'm down to get a set, I have the GC coilovers and the collar setup is getting on my nerves, so I'm gonna ditch the collars and springs. I'm going with the Tein's but the 1.2 in the rear puzzles me, I don't wanna look like I'm hunting for racoons.
Hey JT--wut do U mean the collar set up??? Whats the problem with it???

ANd yeah the 1.2 in the rear bothers me too but I talked to this guy and this is what he said:

Tein has been around for awhile and they make good quality suspensions. They are way better than most lowering springs. That said, I like the way it looks in my friend's car. It has this mean stance since the front spring is lower than the back. It doesn't have this gap that you see on most lowered nissans. I love the ride quality. Just to let you know, this is the soft spring with stock struts. That's what my friend want for his suspension. He's not into racing or anything; just looks.
For a weekend warior, I'll sugest hard spring and agx adjustables. For the streets, I put the agx on #2 front, #3 or 4 for the rear. Maxed out for the track. This is the set-up that I have on my skyline when I was in Japan. It's low but it does not bottom out on me. Of course, you have to cut the bump stop just like any other lowered suspension.
Now for the medium springs, I still have to install it to my friend's G20 and find out exactly how the ride is. This is just my opinion; take it with a grain of salt. I hope this will help.
Bob

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
JT200SX-N-FX said:
The GC coilover threads are not on the actual strut/shock like most coilover setups. They actually use a threaded collar that goes over the strut/shock that the adjustable ring goes on. Problem #1 the collar on the back has space between the shock, therefore making tht clunking noise that all GC owners complain about, even after sealing it up, you get noise still on the big bumps. Problem #2 since it is a collar, it is shorter and so is the spring. The rear spring is about half the size of a regular spring, therefore causing crazy bottoming, you have to raise it up to almost stock to not bottom on that shit. Needles to say, The AGX's are amazing on handling, so I am going with regular springs, and using the GC's for shows only. And thru all my searching, Tein is in the top 2 so far. But Eibach doesn't go low enough. So Tein it is!!!
Well Damn U just killed my whold Ground Control mind set. I have read about the noise and what not but I havent read abou the bottoming out like this.....Yo I have so many problems wit the POS Arospeed Coils I have now-Ill be damned if I spend 3 and still have problems...

Maybe I should just take the risk and go with the Teins--hey how soon are U planning to get-maybe we can get em together and get a little deal....

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Re: MP2050

JT200SX-N-FX said:
I'm prolly gettin em next month, I'll get em with you, I'm cool wit that.
Yeah thats when IM hoping to get....how bout U selrider-U in. I know with three people I can prob. work out t a deal....

Oh and my box is clear now sorry bout that...

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Im going to try emailing some of the companies about it this week....Ill tell them that theirs three of us and were looking for a deal on a set..

You guys feel free to do the same..

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
well this guy can do this for us..... its a company called Turbo Evolution...

Hey,

If you can manage to get 5 people to join the GB and order 5 set from me at the same time, I can give you each for $160 shipped. If interested, let me know. Thanks!!

Tony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.